Advanced Gantt Chart Modification (Panning, Hierarchy and Timelines)

hello every one ,
I was working on Gantt Chart (DAVID BACCI) to add multiple modification on it.So, I am trying to add more levels of hierarchy on it beside adding actual timeline with the planned timeline and I am trying to add panning and zooming features on the Gantt part only not the table.
Actually, i succeeded to add Actual timeline to it with lighter color under each planned timeline.

but i am still have a conflict to add zooming and panning features to it and to add levels of hierarchy to expand and collapse on.
So could anyone help me regarding this Deneb is in Vega code not in Vega lite??
and maybe have another question if there are ways to convert from Vega to Vega lite?
Thanks.
Gantt_MOD_3.pbix (1.5 MB)

any update on this?? I am struck on this as well.

I believe Davide Bacci may have addressed some of your issues in his v2.
Greg

Hi Greg,

While Davide’s Gantt is nothing like I have ever seen, I want to add some more functionality like Actual Dates and bars across each Item. Its a common practice in gantt to show actuals/Forecast and progress should be a custom field instead of auto calculate since there are different methods for Progress calculations like duration based, physical progress, weighted progress, so I think this can be handled in Power BI Query Editor or Dax and the column can be passed as a parameter Instead. I just started learning and doing Vega so itll be sometime for me to achieve this.

From the original posters question, no, there is not a way to convert Vega into Vega-Lite; in fact, it’s exactly the opposite: Vega-Lite gets converted into Vega before being executed. Others will have to respond on Vega coding; my experience is with Vega-Lite.
Greg