Advance editor error

I have been given a .pbix to make changes…
When I go to transform data, I see on the left menu the name of the table has exclamation sign.
clicking on it shows, could not find a part of the path ‘c:\users…xlms’
yes, the xlms file I do not have but the report works fine.
How is it possible to remove this error without having the excel file?
Its just that I want to create a code inside advanced query for a blank query but I get the above error.

thank you

Hi @arkiboys ,

Download the most recent PBIX version from the Power BI Service (or from wherever that is stored), use DAX Studio or a comparable tool to extract the full data from the table that is causing the error.

Duplicate your PBIX file, connect to the extracted data in a new query, once done, copy the full M code from that script, go to the one causing the error, select the full content and press CTRL / (this will comment it out) and paste in the copied new syntax below it to restore the query.
Close and load.

Hi @arkiboys

Due to inactivity, a response on this post has been tagged as “Solution”.

If you have a follow question or concern related to this topic, please remove the Solution tag first by clicking the three dots beside Reply and then untick the check box.

We request you to kindly take time to answer the Enterprise DNA Forum User Experience Survey,.

We hope you’ll give your insights on how we can further improve the Support forum. Thanks!