Adding a Sharepoint folder to a gateway connection

Hey all,

For the first time I’m trying to add a sharepoint connection to my gateway connection for power bi online. My gateway connection screen looks like this:

All of the blacked out data sources are files on a local network directory

When I click ‘add to gateway’ to the sharepoint list the new data source screen appears and the fields are filled out as such:

I can map all of my other data sources except the sharepoint list. There is still the “add to gateway” selection but no drop down menu, very odd.

I found a online thread that says online data sources cannot mix with on premise data sources but the option is the use the gateway, when I’m setting up the sharepoint link so, not sure this is exactly the issue?

MS idea

https://ideas.powerbi.com/ideas/idea/?ideaid=1833782d-044a-43c4-b427-65722c50d789

Thanks,
Tim

Hi @Timmay

We’ve been using a mixture of the 2 since we started with PowerBi just under 2 years ago. However the last few days we’ve noticed the same issues you’re facing for a new report we’ve done, so it may be something has gone wrong with it on Microsoft’s side.

We’ve also done it the same way as you’ve described and never had any problems.

1 Like

Very interesting thanks for letting me know. I hope it s temporary issue on MS’ end and it’s fixed soon.

Hello @Timmay

Did the response from @jamie.bryan help solve your query?

If not, can you let us know where you’re stuck and what additional assistance you need?

If it did, please mark his answer as the SOLUTION.

Thank you

Hello @Timmay ,

Due to the length by which this post has been active, a response on this post has been tagged as “Solution”.

Thanks to @jamie.bryan for contributing on this post.

For further questions related to this post, please make a new thread. Please feel free to reopen this thread if anyone would like to answer the pending inquiry above.

Thank you