Add dynamic Data to a card Category

I have spent the last 30 minutes figuring out how best to solve this and keep coming up empty.

I have a report that shows our current open work in progress financial information. My CEO likes the report broken into what’s this month and all other months. I am trying to figure out how to dynamically set the Card Category to say " Current Month Name Anticipated Gross Install" I have wanted to do this with several card visuals. The closest I have found is the OKVIZ Card with States and using the Custom Text Display setting. But I have not figured out the shortcode needed to add the current month.

I use the same date table that almost everyone here uses. The one discussed in several posts is run as a query.

I thought I could use the month offset in a DAX to try and make it work, but I have been unsuccessful so far. Any help or direction that you could point me in would be appreciated.

Hi @mchandler, I noticed you didn’t provide a PBIX file. Providing one will help users and experts find a solution to your inquiry faster and better.

A perfect initial question includes all of the following:

• A clear explanation of the problem you are experiencing
  • A mockup of the results you want to achieve
  • Your current work-in-progress PBIX file
  • Your underlying data file (to allow us to go into Power Query if necessary to transform your data and/or data model – often DAX questions really end up being data modeling solutions)

Check out this thread on Tools and Techniques for Providing PBIX Files with Your Forum Questions

Here are some videos that may help you masking sensitive data and create datasets and data models representative of your problem:

Not completing your data may sometimes cause delay in getting an answer.

Hi @mchandler, due to inactivity, we’ll be marking this post as solved.

Should you wish to reopen this thread, kindly provide the PBIX file the experts requested above so other users can help you further.