Actual sales to TODAY + Budget after TODAY

Hi @BrianJ
Have studie both of your videos

Date Harvest Deep Dive - Power BI Time Intelligence

Using The Extended Date Table - ISAFTERTODAY

It is very usefull. Many thank you.

I solved - Pre slices Actual Sale + Actual sale inside the Slice date as accumulated.
I’am struckling with above + Budget (Forecast) as accumulated.
I can’t accumulate budget on top on Actual Sale.

In video: Using The Extended Date Table - ISAFTERTODAY on minut 10:19 there is a measure
[Carryover]

RETURN
IF (
SELECTEDVALUE ( dates[IsAfterToday] ) = TRUE;
[Carryover] + FCastCumul;
BLANK ()
)

Is it possible you can share the PBIX file, so I can see what’s inside [Carryover]

[Carryover] has not been explaned in the videos.

Hope you can help.

Kind regards
Amdi

@Amdi,

Thanks very much for the input - really glad to hear that you’re finding the videos helpful.

I’ve attached the PBIX file below, and am looping in @EnterpriseDNA, so that they can add the PBIX to the course entry permanently.

Video 3 - IsAfterToday.pbix (3.1 MB)

The Carryover scenario I used in this video is a simplified version of a fascinating question that got asked on the forum early this year. Here’s the relevant thread if you’re interested:

I hope this is helpful. Please give a shout if you have any other questions.

• Brian

Hi @Amdi, a response on this post has been tagged as “Solution”. If you have a follow question or concern related to this topic, please remove the Solution tag first by clicking the three dots beside Reply and then untick the check box. Also, we’ve recently launched the Enterprise DNA Forum User Experience Survey, please feel free to answer it and give your insights on how we can further improve the Support forum. Thanks!