About the Workouts Category/Frequently Asked Questions

EDNA WORKOUTS - FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

What’s the purpose of these workouts?

Structured learning via courses, blog posts, events, webinars, Accelerators, YouTube videos, etc. is a great way to increase your knowledge of data analysis, but the lessons are unlikely to “stick” unless you have the opportunity to apply them regularly. These workouts are intended to provide regular practice opportunities in every key area that a “full stack” Data Analyst would need to master.

Do I need to be an Enterprise DNA subscriber to participate in the workouts?

No. Workouts are open to all interested participants, whether Enterprise DNA subscribers or not. If you are not a current Enterprise DNA subscriber, you will need to obtain a forum account in order to post solutions or questions, although anyone can view the workout threads, even without an account.

How do I obtain an Enterprise DNA forum account?

If you are already an Enterprise DNA subscriber, you don’t need to do anything. Your learning platform account will also connect you directly to the Workout Center in the forum. If you are not currently an eDNA subscriber, click HERE to obtain a free account.

How often are new workouts posted?

It will vary by workout. Most workouts will be once a week (posted Mondays before midnight UTC), although some of the workouts (such as the DAX, Excel and Python workouts) may take the form of shorter problems posted more frequently (typically, Mondays and Thursdays). The schedule for each workout can be found by clicking here or on the workout you’re interested in.

Can I only do a workout during its “active” period?

No. Think of workouts as durable collections that you can go back to at any point and participate in any prior workout.

Will there be any prizes associated with the workouts?

No. These are not competitive exercises in any way – they are ways to challenge and increase your own individual skills.

Is there any limit on the resources I can use to develop my solution?

No. We want these to simulate real-world situations as much as possible, and in your work you likely are not at all constrained by the resources you can rely upon. In fact, we encourage you to use any tools that you see fit to employ.

Will I get credited with Experience Points (XP) for successfully completing a workout?

Yes, you will (if you are an Enterprise DNA subscriber).

How difficult are the workouts? How long will they take me to complete?

It will vary by workout and week. Each workout leader will rate their problem from 1 star to 5 stars when posting. The target is for workouts to take approximately 30-45 minutes each, although that will depend on the level of difficulty and the skill level of the individual participant. 4 and 5 star workouts would be expected to take more time.

How do I submit my solution?

Submissions will all be done through the Enterprise DNA forum, though what specifically will get submitted will depend on the individual workout. However, we expect all to require some combination of code, screenshot(s) and/or your PBIX file.

To make the solutions requiring code submissions more readable, we ask that all submitted code be formatted in the forum post. If you don’t know how to do that, please see the short video on how to do that below:

This post is part of the Enterprise DNA platform initiative to provide information about Workouts.

To ask any questions on the content covered in this category please start a new topic within the forum. You may check this how-to guide for reference - How To Use The Enterprise DNA Support Forum.

Thank you!