3rd Party Software

Hi All

Our organisation has some security concerns around the 3rd party tools Microsoft recommend as part of PBI desktop (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-au/power-bi/create-reports/desktop-external-tools). What has other people’s experiences been within their organisation? Any ideas that can be used to help alleviate their concerns?

Regards

I advise you to read : Trusted third-party connectors

Hi @Halfa_bee , did the response provided by @amira.bedhiafi.pro help you solve your query? If not, how far did you get and what kind of help you need further? If yes, kindly mark as solution the answer that solved your query. Thanks!

Thanks @amira.bedhiafi.pro. I was more referring to 3rd party software tools that are available in the ribbon e.g. Dax Studio, ALM toolkit etc.

Are there any concerns loading Opensource software onto a corporate environment?

HI @Halfa_bee I hope that you are having a great experience using the Support Forum so far. We’ve recently launched the Enterprise DNA Forum User Experience Survey, please feel free to answer it and give your insights on how we can further improve the Support forum. Thanks!

Hi @Halfa_bee

In my Organisation, Third Party tools like DAX Studio/ALM Toolkit are considered safe as they will be installed on the local systems.

Just ensure they are not talking to the Host Servers which your IT team can easily track.

Thanks
Ankit Jain

Hi @Halfa_bee, we’ve noticed that no response has been received from you since the 8th of March. We just want to check if you still need further help with this post? In case there won’t be any activity on it in the next few days, we’ll be tagging this post as Solved.

Hi @Halfa_bee, a response on this post has been tagged as “Solution”. If you have a follow question or concern related to this topic, please remove the Solution tag first by clicking the three dots beside Reply and then untick the check box.

We’ve recently launched the Enterprise DNA Forum User Experience Survey, please feel free to answer it and give your insights on how we can further improve the Support forum. Thanks!