100% stacked bar chart - dynamic bar colors

Hi,
Can the colors in a 100% stacked bar chart be updated to change dynamically depending on the value? I don’t see any dynamic color options for this chart type?

I have a simply data set with values and text to determine low/medium/high. I want to change color depending on the value of the change record.

If there is no dynamic color changes for this chart, is there a work around using bar charts somehow?

EDNA 100% Stacked Bar.pbix (19.0 KB)

Hi @chad.sharpe,
Thank you very much for posting your question in the forum.
According to this post on the Power BI Community forum, conditional formatting does not work with visuals having legend.

If you can share the expected result maybe we can help you.

Regards,

1 Like

In my case I learned one of those silly formatting lessons that cost me 3 days of work… lol

I moved away from the stacked and went with the simply cluster bar and it still wouldn’t work. What i found out by trial and error is that the column conditional formatting only appears if you have a value in the X-Axis. Because i was only drafting at this point i had a Y-Axis value and a small multiples value but i didn’t add an X-Axis value so the conditional formatting wasn’t there.

At some point in the day i added an X-axis value, and BAM… there it was…