Year-Over-Year Variance Buckets

I have a basic revenue table and date table. First, I created 3 measures - Revenue, Prior Year Revenue, and Variance. Then I created another measure called Bucket as follows:

Bucket =
VAR _Exclude = ([Revenue]=BLANK()||[Revenue]=0) && ([Revenue PY]=BLANK()||[Revenue PY]=0)
VAR _New = [Variance]>0 && [Revenue PY]=0
VAR _Churn = [Variance]<0 && [Revenue]=0
VAR _No_Change = [Revenue]=[Revenue PY]
VAR _Growth = [Variance]>0 && [Revenue PY]<>0
VAR _Decline = [Variance]<0 && [Revenue]<>0

RETURN
SWITCH(TRUE(),
_Exclude,“Exclude”,
_New,“New Labels/Products”,
_Churn,“Churn”,
_No_Change,“No Change”,
_Growth,“Growth”,
_Decline,“Decline”,
“Others”)

Up to this point, my goal was to use this Bucket in a matrix visual row so that I can see the total for each bucket and expanding a bucket would show me the customers.

The issue I have is that I couldn’t put a measure in the row section of a matrix visual.

I would appreciate very much if someone can point me to the right direction. The goal is to categorize year-over-year variance into buckets and use the bucket as the first field in the row section of a matrix visual.

The granularity of my revenue table is at the product/month/customer level. A customer can have multiple products in a month.

Best regards,

Ferdinand

Probably going to need to see more images of the exact scenario and also a pbix file with the whole scenario it.

Thanks
Sam

Hi @ferdsjoseph , we’ve noticed that no response has been received from you since Nov 05, 2019. We just want to check if you still need further help on this post? In case there won’t be any activity on it in the next few days, we’ll be tagging this post as Solved. You may reopen a new thread when the need arise.