New Enterprise DNA Initiatives

Where in the World is Enterprise DNA?

All,

In a recent post on the Introduce Yourself thread, @Despo remarked:

This sparked my imagination, and I agree that it would be incredibly cool to see where Enterprise DNA members are located all around the globe. So, I created a very short Google Form, for anyone who’s interested to enter your location and lat/long info (you can look up your lat/long info using https://www.latlong.net/ ) here:

I will create a global map Power BI report from this, publish it to web, and set up an auto-refresh to add names as we get new members on board.

So, if you’re interested, please take just a minute or two and enter your info.

Thanks!

• Brian
20 Likes

@BrianJ that’s a very cool idea. Updated my info.

3 Likes

@BrianJ

Updated my Info.

3 Likes

Hi @BrianJ

I too updated.

Thanks
Mukesh

2 Likes

@BrianJ, great idea! I updated my info

2 Likes

Updated as well

2 Likes

As ever, Enterprise DNA are on the ball. Details added.

2 Likes

@BrianJ,

Just updated my data!

Thanks
Jarrett

3 Likes

Can’t wait to see! … updated my info.
Greg

2 Likes

@BrianJ Updated my info

Guy

2 Likes

@BrianJ
updated my information
Keith

2 Likes

My info has been updated! Can’t wait to see finished product!

2 Likes

Hey @BrianJ
Very good idea. Already updated my info. Can’t wait to see the result…(am i the only 1 here in my country?) :grinning:

2 Likes

Would also be good to see how this changes over time too, to see the growth of EDNA.

1 Like

Hi @BrianJ,

Updated my info. Nice idea!

Thanks
Daniel

2 Likes

updated info. great idea

2 Likes

@BrianJ

I updated my Info as well.

2 Likes

Hi @BrianJ

Info Updated :wink:

Cheers,

Austin

2 Likes

@BrianJ
Updated my info

2 Likes

All,

Below is the screenshot and the Publish to Web link for my first go at the Enterprise DNA member location report. Thanks to everyone who entered your location info - the mapping and analysis definitely gets more interesting the more members we have in the dataset. If you haven’t entered you info, but would like to you can do so via the red button at the bottom of the report, or by going to the entry form directly by clicking here.

(1/5/21 update - Thanks to those who responded previously. Entry in this form is no longer needed, as I now receive a weekly data download of all membership information from the Enterprise DNA team.)

While this report looks pretty simple, there is some more complicated stuff going on under the hood, including reverse geocoding scripts, fairly extensive PQ/M data cleaning, use of nonprinting characters to correct ranking of cities with the same name in different countries, filtering the date slicer by active dates, etc. I will be writing this up over the weekend as I would a Data Challenge entry for anyone interested in how I put this report together.

Finally, two shout outs - the first to @Despo for coming up with the idea to do this in the first place, and the second to Karen Sangil, eDNA’s outstanding graphic designer who did the templates for Problem of the Week, which I also used as the basis for the design and color scheme on this report.

• Brian
5 Likes