What New Content Do You Want to See in 2021?

Enterprise DNA Members,

@sam.mckay, the eDNA Expert Team and I are hard at work developing the integrated content plan (e.g., Platform Courses, YouTube videos, podcasts, Data Challenges, Problem of the Week, etc.) for 2021. In addition to the outstanding content that @sam.mckay always provides, we are also really excited this year about the wide range of content that will be developed by our recently expanded Expert Team in their areas of speciality.

However, we would very much like to hear your thoughts regarding topics on which you would like to see new or expanded content developed in 2021?

Thanks in advance for your input.

• Brian

Hi,

Would it be possible to do more Dashboarding & Data Visualization videos? I really like them and would love to see demonstrations using more advance visualization features.

Would also like to watch videos of you working on a Dashboard from scratch while using the Analyst Hub and other features in the External Tools.

Thanks very much

Yusuf.

2 Likes

@YusufGillani,

Thanks very much for your input. The Data Challenges have highlighted this topic as a key content focus, and we have three major portal courses coming out on visualization and design (including a wide range of advanced visualization techniques) in 2021 taught by some of the Data Challenge stars, as well as a variety of YouTube content on these topics.

With regard to your second suggestion, as you’ve seen on the forum and YouTube, External Tools and Analyst Hub are particular obsessions of mine. In addition to some more upcoming YouTube videos on these topics I’ll be posting soon, for Data Challenge #11 @Greg, @JarrettM and I will be teaming up via the new Teams feature in Analyst Hub and coordinating a joint entry solely using the AH tools, the full development of which we will document via videos.

Again, really appreciate your feedback and engagement, and think you’ll be pleased by how well the content we’ve got planned addresses your requests.

• Brian
2 Likes

Thanks BrianJ. Much appreciated!

Yusuf.

1 Like

If you have any questions regarding this post, feel free to re-open the thread by removing the removing the Solution tag first by clicking the three dots beside Reply and then untick the checkbox. You may check this how-to guide for reference - How To Use The Enterprise DNA Support Forum Thanks!

Hi,

Not so sure if you’ve already mentioned this but I would also like to see more M Code Video tutorials as well.

The last video Melissa made on the YouTube channel was very insightful!

Thanks very much

Yusuf.

1 Like

@YusufGillani,

Thanks very much for your input. We are on entirely the same page here, and have made Power Query and M a major content priority for 2021 and beyond.

For a long time we have been (semi-) jokingly badgering @Melissa to write “The Definitive Guide to M”, and she has agreed to one better - a comprehensive video series starting with Power Query basics and progressing all the way through advanced M. This will be a major, multi-year effort that I believe will produce the most comprehensive guide to Power Query and M on the internet (or anywhere else for that matter…). She is already hard at work on the first course in this series, which we are targeting for release this spring.

I encourage everyone to continue to provide this sort of input – we really want to ensure that our content offerings are addressing your biggest needs.

• Brian
2 Likes

It would be very useful to have a calculate class. Just calculate, it’s such a powerful command and it would be great to have different views and in depth on how to use calculate. It look easy but yet never easy when your actually using it. Think of it as a reference piece, I’m sure it will be very much appreciated and popular.

1 Like

@ericet,

Thanks very much for your input – we really appreciate hearing from members about content needs.

To better understand your request, I have a couple of follow-up questions:

1. Have you taken the Mastering DAX Calculations course yet?

Within this course, there is over half an hour of content dedicated solely to the CALCULATE function, with a number of different examples:

1. If you have been through this course, are there some specific issues/questions regarding the use of CALCULATE that you would like us to address in additional video content?

Thanks!

• Brian
1 Like

Just to tell you again, it would be awesome to have a « Calculate, Masterclass »

Basically, a reference to a bunch of ways to use Calculate.

Sam, made some incredible examples in the past like:

But Calculate is so important and every time you need to use it

It’s always a challenge, seems you guys can do a series of

Just a bunch of examples on using Calculate in different ways.

Onces we master this essential command, I think everyone will

Be better and I’m sure it will be very popular on Enterprise DNA.

All the best !

1 Like

@ericet,

Thanks very much for your input. As part of our huge content development effort in 2021 (at least one new portal course each month, and a new YouTube video every day), @sam.mckay is in the process of revisiting and updating many of his earlier videos. I will talk with him today about incorporating your suggestions into those updates with a specific focus on CALCULATE and get back with you soon.

– Brian

1 Like

@ericet,

Wanted to follow-up with you on your request. I think we’ve got a good double-barreled approach to addressing this:

1. As I mentioned, @sam.mckay is updating some of his older videos. He and I talked about your request last night, and CALCULATE is one of the topics he will be revisiting, and will in the course of these talk about the different ways CALCULATE can be used;

2. Enterprise DNA Expert @MudassirAli and I were just talking about your request, and he is going to do a video series on CALCULATE as well. I think between these two you will get a great range of perspectives and examples on how to use CALCULATE most effectively.

Thanks again for the feedback. Keep the input coming – we definitely want to hear from all of you about your content preferences.

– Brian

2 Likes

Yes, you guys are awesome and as you know Calculate is so important and it having a series just for Calculate is a must. I’m sure lot’s of people are more then interested in this.

Looking forward to seeing what you guys do and if will become a reference series i’m sure.

Thanks

Eric (Montreal, Canada)

1 Like

This post is part of the Enterprise DNA platform initiatives to provide varied information. To ask any questions on the content covered in this category please start a new topic within the forum. You may check this how-to guide for reference - How To Use The Enterprise DNA Support Forum