What if parameters working selectively

Hi!
I want to be able to define my what if parameters based on the slicer, but then i want also to be able to show the total sales/costs etc. results not only on the selection but based on all data.
If i want to reduce price by 5% and increase demand by 10% for specific combination of Account and Product (the lists for those are huge), then i want to see the impact of those on the selection (e.g. the whole country sales, particular Account Group or Product Group).
Is it possible to modify the formula somehow to include these changes? I read in another example to have a slicer for each product, but my list of selection fields is very long and dynamic, so it should be based on the field.
Thanks!

Best regards,
Mariia

Hi @MKulaksy, we aim to consistently improve the topics being posted on the forum.

I noticed you didn’t provide a PBIX file. Providing one will help users and experts find a solution to your inquiry faster and better.

A perfect initial question includes all of the following:

• A clear explanation of the problem you are experiencing
  • A mockup of the results you want to achieve
  • Your current work-in-progress PBIX file
  • Your underlying data file (to allow us to go into Power Query if necessary to transform your data and/or data model – often DAX questions really end up being data modeling solutions)

Check out this thread on Tools and Techniques for Providing PBIX Files with Your Forum Questions

Not completing your data may sometimes cause delay in getting an answer.

Hi, The PBIx file and model in this case would be like in the example from the Scenario Analysis Deep Dive I listened to here in the learning center. Just I want a bit different representation of results, so I guess some changes are needed in one step before the scenario DAX measure is written or inside the formula. How can I achieve this kind of results table provided that I have quite long columns of accounts and products I want this slicer to be regulated by:
Best regards,
Mariia

Hi,

It be grt help if you provide the pbix with dummy data.

Thanks,
Anurag

Hi Anurag,
Can we use this lesson example for my case? It contains the sample data for my example.
So basically I want these two parameters to be “filtered” for the two slicers (product and customer)
Best regards,
Mariia
Practice model - Scenario Analysis.pbix (463.5 KB)

Bumping this post for more visibility.

Hi @MKulaksy

Please go through the EDNA course . It has all information related to What-If scenarios and how it can be used along with other Filters.

Also, if you search using https://forum.enterprisedna.co/search?q=what-if, it will have multiple questions related to your problem.

If still not able to figure out or issue is not resolved, then share a Sample PBIX file.

Thanks
Ankit J

1 Like

Hi @MKulaksy, did the response provided by @ankit help you solve your query? If not, how far did you get and what kind of help you need further? If yes, kindly mark as solution the answer that solved your query. Thanks!

Hi @MKulaksy, we’ve noticed that no response has been received from you since June30th. We just want to check if you still need further help with this post? In case there won’t be any activity on it in the next few days, we’ll be tagging this post as Solved.

Hi @MKulaksy, due to inactivity, a response on this post has been tagged as “Solution”. If you have a follow question or concern related to this topic, please remove the Solution tag first by clicking the three dots beside Reply and then untick the check box.