Waterfall Chart in a Tabular Look

Hi,
Is it possible to have the waterfall chart in tabular way just like shows in the picture

Waterfall Report.pbix (58.6 KB)

@mohammedkhan11,

Sure – you can accomplish that with one measure and conditional formatting. Just write a measure of this form:

CF Background = IF( condition for coloring cell = TRUE, “#C6BC9E”, BLANK() )

Then just go to the conditional formatting option for background, and set the field value equal to that measure.

I hope this is helpful.

– Brian

1 Like

Thank you Brian for the instant reply, Could please guide what to write in the highlighted place in the measure

@mohammedkhan11,

If you can please explain in plain language what the logic is for determining which cells get colored yellow, I can translate that into DAX and provide you the full measure with that logic incorporated.

Thanks.

– Brian

Sure, I need the color where the Numbers exist in the table

I have also noticed that 2021(10+2) is coming in the third line in the Year and Month Column but in the Excel format it is coming at the second last place.
Could you please also help me fix that also.

@mohammedkhan11,

I haven’t forgotten about you - I have a solution, but I’m tied up currently on late project. Will post the solution for you later this evening.

• Brian
1 Like

@mohammedkhan11,

I think I’ve got a working solution for you. My one remaining question is how you want to handle blanks as opposed zeros??

To deal with the sort issue, I created a custom sort field in power query using the first digits after the "("and then just sorted the Year and Month column with that.

In terms of the custom formatting, I used a measure very similar to the one I proposed above. The main difference is that I remembered a trick from @heather that I liked a lot and incorporated that into these measures. Her trick was to set a color value in its own measure, and then just reference that measure in all the other conditional formatting measures. That way, if you decide to change the color of the highlighting, you have one change to make rather than a dozen.

CF Background 105 = 
IF(
    VALUE(SELECTEDVALUE('Table'[202105] )) > 0, 
    [CF Color],
    BLANK()
)

I hope this is helpful. Full solution file attached.

– Brian
eDNA Forum - Waterfall Report Solution.pbix (84.7 KB)

2 Likes