Using the outcome of a measure as a constant

I have created a measure that calculates an average actual unit cost year to date for a product. What I want to be able to do is to then use that actual ytd as a constant to put into a measure formula to calculate total anticipated future monthly costs (anticipated monthly volumes x average unit cost ytd). And then as each month rolls through and we get more actuals and the average ytd cost changes accordingly.

Is that possible?

Hi @Howard_Davies, we aim to consistently improve the topics being posted on the forum to help you in getting a strong solution faster. While waiting for a response, here are some tips so you can get the most out of the forum and other Enterprise DNA resources.

• Use the forum search to discover if your query has been asked before by another member.

• When posting a topic with formula make sure that it is correctly formatted to preformated text </>.

• Use the proper category that best describes your topic

• Provide as much context to a question as possible.

• Include demo pbix file, images of the entire scenario you are dealing with, screenshot of the data model, details of how you want to visualize a result, and any other supporting links and details.

I also suggest that you check the forum guideline https://forum.enterprisedna.co/t/how-to-use-the-enterprise-dna-support-forum/3951. Not adhering to it may sometimes cause delay in getting an answer.

Hi

Have you had a look at this training relating to forecasting?

@Howard_Davies, I think using screen shot of the measure you created earlier and the data view will help us to understand your questions better.

Thanks for posting your question @Howard_Davies. To receive a resolution in a timely manner please make sure that you provide all the necessary details on this thread.

Here is a potential list of additional information to include in this thread; demo pbix file, images of the entire scenario you are dealing with, screenshot of the data model, details of how you want to visualize a result, and any other supporting links and details.

Including all of the above will likely enable a quick solution to your question.

Hi @Howard_Davies, a response on this post has been tagged as “Solution”. If you have a follow question or concern related to this topic, please remove the Solution tag first by clicking the three dots beside Reply and then untick the check box. Thanks!