Using PowerBI Report For Budget Input

Hi
I want to provide Managers in the organisation with a Budget template for each department they are responsible for.

The green area in the attached area is the historical accounting data from a DB. The grey area is the Budget data subsequently entered by the Manager.

The managers would receive the historical data (Green) of the Department they key in (Cell H8) and then work through each row inputting the data in the grey area The plan is to pull all the Budget input into a Data Model that would also include the historical accounting data.

Note - Input would only be allowed in the grey area. New rows and \ or Departments could also be added by the Manager and not every Department has the same Accounts and neither will all rows will have historical and/or budget data.

My question is - how would I go about providing the template in a way that allows input from the manager. I am not sure but I think PowerBI might be the most robust way to approach this.

I would welcome your thoughts and ideas.

Kind Regards

Allister

Book102.xlsm (12.3 KB)

Hi @AllisterB

I don’t think Power bi will have that capabilities for the manager to input budget information into and send a file back. You could use the power bi to do the final budget report after you combine the information into the Power Bi.

I’ve been involved in creating budget templates/models within excel to collect data budget inputs. I’ve always combine all excel worksheets into one and roll it up.

You could do something like that by applying the all the budget excel files into power bi.

i hope this helps.
Keith

Hi @AllisterB,

If you are on Office 365 you can explore Streaming datasets with Power Apps and Power Automate.
No experience myself (at this time) but maybe others do and could chime in…

Hi @AllisterB, we’ve noticed that no response has been received from you since the 5th of January. We just want to check if you still need further help with this post? In case there won’t be any activity on it in the next few days, we’ll be tagging this post as Solved. If you have a follow question or concern related to this topic, please remove the Solution tag first by clicking the three dots beside Reply and then untick the checkbox. Thanks!

A response on this post has been tagged as “Solution”. If you have a follow question or concern related to this topic, please remove the Solution tag first by clicking the three dots beside Reply and then untick the check box. Thanks!