Trying to follow Calculating Staff Turnover In Power BI Using DAX

I was watching this video and I created a date with my dates, then I put in the dax formula for “current staff”. However, when I added it to my table, it only showed me the number of staff hired on that date. It doesn’t give me a running total. My measure is as follows and looks like it should. My date table also doesn’t show all the dates only the dates that have hires in them.

Active Employees =
CALCULATE(COUNTROWS(‘HireEmployeeRecord’),
FILTER(VALUES(HireEmployeeRecord[HireDate]),‘HireEmployeeRecord’[HireDate] <= Max(‘OnPremDW Dim_Date’[ActualDate])),
FILTER(VALUES(HireEmployeeRecord[TerminationDate]), or(‘HireEmployeeRecord’[TerminationDate] >= Min(‘OnPremDW Dim_Date’[ActualDate]), ISBLANK (‘HireEmployeeRecord’[TerminationDate]))))

can you please give the link for the video?

Please provide your power bi file too.

this video isn’t done by Enterprise DNA

you can provide dummy data, It can be your data model that isn’t following the right guilde lines

Hi @robertdseals ,

Just quick answer (currently totaly lack of time) - you sad that your date table doesn’t show all the dates - beside fact table that you use HireEmployeeRecord your Dim_Date have or have not continous date dimension (all dates - not just thoose that you have in fact table) ?

Melissa made such great explanation in serial of posts about Time intelligence + provide code for continous Date dimension

Also quick pick from Enteprise DNA learning stack
in DAX Formula Pattern you can check

• Events in progress
  • Cumulative Totals serials:

Hope it helps.