Totals in DAX are not consistent with Excel total, though I've tried HASONEVALUE

Hello I have this table here (in short because of privacy issue)

Capture

The gross margin column does not show the total the same as Excel - Power BI shows $5.9M while Excel shows $5.4M.

I tried using HASONEVALUE but it still does not work:

IT’s been several days and I still can’t fix it. Could you help? Thank you

Hi @ctvv3010,

I believe you have put HASONEFILTER on wrong column. I think it should be on item_group column instead of customer_group column? you can also test with HASONEVALUE to see if it works. BUT I am certain you are using wrong column in HASONEFILTER.

Please mark it solved if it solves your query.

Cheers!

1 Like

In cases like this when posting in the forum, please add a sample PBIX file so we can better assist you. Sounds like you are going to possibly need the SUMMARIZE function so that you can get the correct total for your measure. You can also you the search feature at the top right of the screen to see if something similar has been asked. In your case, this is a very common question. Here is a video from Sam to point you in the right direction, If you need further assistance, please post a sample file.

Thanks
Enterprise%20DNA%20Expert%20-%20Small

1 Like

Thank you for your help! I solved it by using different sets of formulas to calculate profit/margins, thanks to Sam’s videos :smiley:

Please share your results, you never know who this might help in the future!

Thanks
Enterprise%20DNA%20Expert%20-%20Small