Sync Slicers-but have master slicer without filter

Good morning all.

I have a Power Bi model that I will be submitting a link to members of an organization. The link will be behind a password protected portal–but obviously the person could copy the url in the website and send to another person. In other to lessen this possibility of non-members gaining access, I was going to make a Dropdown for one of the selectors (the Municipality column) and only show those municipalities that were members–this way, if the person was to copy the url, only member cities would show up–non-member cities would not be included in the drop down–I have this synced to all pages in the file–so that if they chose their city, their city would be selected on all pages–I am hiding the drop down and putting a card with the name of the city on each page. I have this working.

We have consultants who will be able to also access the file through the link–I will have a consultant menu–however, it will not be visible to the other members. I want the consultant menu to have access (through the synced slicer) to ALL cities. When I remove the filter–all cities are shown–but it also removes the filter for the other pages.

Is there a way for the synced slicer on the Consultant page to show all cities and only filter the slicer on the member pages? That way–when a member selects a city–it is only the ones that are members. However, on the Consultant page (which will be hidden) the consultant can select members or non-members-which will show on the other pages if they are recruiting non-members and can display their data.

The file attached is only trying to show the filters–it is not the real file–I am just trying to demonstrate what I am wanting.

Thank you all in advance for your consideration and assistance.

Sample File-Consultant-Members Demo.pbix (49.1 MB)

Have you looked at how to synch slicers and how interaction works? If you go on this site (or Google) lots of examples. You can then use send to back or send to front to show or hide what you want

The slicers are synced and working as they are. What I want to do is on the Consultant page to not filter that slicer–but leave the filter on the other slicers. When I remove the filter on the Consultant slicer, it removes it from all of them. Is there a way so that when a Member is filtering on their Member Menu–that only Members are shown. But when a Consultant is using the Consultant Menu–they can see all cities–even non-members. I can do that with a separate slicer on the Consultant Menu that isn’t synced–but it won’t change the City on all the other pages to be the one the Consultant is wanting to display.

So don’t you want to turn off the synch slicer with this page?

If I do that and remove the filter–then it doesn’t change the other pages to the city that is selected.

So I found a solution. This is from Power Bi Tips. Filter a slicer with a slicer–What I did was on the Consultant page was put another slicer that contained all the population sizes–if the consultant wants to see cities data that are NOT members, they can click on the appropriate fields in the slicer. Otherwise, only the member categories will be selected. I have included my file again with the updated screens for anyone that may need this in the future. Thank you all for your help!

Sample File-Consultant-Members Demo.pbix (49.1 MB)