Survey Modeling for Cross Filters

Hello,

I am going to build a model for survey data.

Has anyone here modeled a survey before? I am wondering how I can best structure the data so I can filter using the answers from multiple questions.

For example, if I have 10 questions in the survey and want to use the answers from 3 questions to filter the visual for a 4th question. ie using answers to questions 1, 3, 5 as slicers for question 10. Or perhaps using answers to questions 10, 5, and 3 to filter question 1 etc…

This would allow me to really drill into the survey BUT I’m not really sure the bets way to build the data model to do that.

Any thoughts?

Thank you!

Would probably need to see more detail around the data structure.

It’s always difficult when just starting out with this information because your model could have many different requirements depending on what you want to show.

Personally I haven’t done a huge amount with survey data just yet. But will note down the idea for the future as something to look into.

Maybe I good idea here is to just get started and then the community can help work through different scenarios as they come up.

That would probably be my best recommendation at this point.

Thanks
Sam

Thanks to the contributors of this post. Due to the length by which this post has been active, we are tagging it as Solved. For further questions related to this post, please make a new thread.