Strategy question on creating a table

Hi,

I’ve got a table with end-of-week stock prices for a few thousand tickers each week (and several years worth of data), and another with quarterly financial data for each ticker. I want to spread the quarterly financial data to each week of price data so I can calculate the financial ratios as of each week. I also want averages of these ratios over time (average P/E, average EV/Sales. etc), so would need some sort of a table for the AVERAGE() function to work.

I’ve got a measure that spreads the quarterly data to every date in the calendar table, but it isn’t exactly what I want.

Daily-Rev = LASTNONBLANKVALUE (

DATESBETWEEN ( 'Calendar'[Date], BLANK (), MAX ( 'Calendar'[Date] ) ),

MAX ( Fundamentals[revenue] )

)

What I’d like is to set up a static table with the End-of-week date, the ticker, the price, then all of the financial fields. The financial fields will, or course repeat until the next quarterly results are released. Any ideas, or can someone point me to a post where this is explained? Or better yet, can I talk it through with someone?

This is my first post, so please forgive any protocol breeches.

Thanks

1 Like

Hi @Smalley50.7, welcome to the Enterprise DNA Forum. We’re happy to have you in the community.

To get better and fast responses, it would be helpful to provide a sample pbix file for other members to work on.

Here’s a tip on how to provide pbix file: TIP: Tools and Techniques for Providing PBIX Files with Your Forum Questions - Forum Guides - Enterprise DNA Forum

Be sure to also check these guidelines created Sam: How To Use The Enterprise DNA Support Forum

Thanks

Hello @Smalley50.7 we notice that no response was received from you on the post above.

We are waiting for your masked demo pbix file and other supporting links and details. Other users can help you more if you have a PBIX file in your query.

Due to your inactivity, we’ll be tagging this post as Solved.

Should you wish to add your masked demo pbix file and other supporting links and details, you can reopen this thread.