Strange Visual Filtering Behavior-Top N

I have two simple Clustered Column Charts filtered to show me the following

Chart 1: Everything from Category X, Filtered by Container on a TOP 5
Chart 2: Everything that is NOT Category X, Filtered by Container on a TOP 5

Chart 1 is correct and shows me a top 5. Chart 2 only shows the top 4 items, However if I change the Top N selection to show me a top 6 instead, it will display 5 items. The pattern continues, Request a top 7, and you only get top 6.

Any ideas?

@Despo,

Could it be the presence of blanks in an expression relevant to your calculations? That could explain why the count is different than what appears in the visual.

Without the ability to look at the PBIX though, I’m just guessing…

• Brian

Thanks for posting your question @Despo. To receive a resolution in a timely manner please make sure that you provide all the necessary details on this thread.

Here is a potential list of additional information to include in this thread; demo pbix file, images of the entire scenario you are dealing with, screenshot of the data model, details of how you want to visualize a result, and any other supporting links and details.

Including all of the above will likely enable a quick solution to your question.

Hi @Despo, we’ve noticed that no response has been received from you since the 24th of October. We just want to check if you still need further help with this post? In case there won’t be any activity on it in the next few days, we’ll be tagging this post as Solved. If you have a follow question or concern related to this topic, please remove the Solution tag first by clicking the three dots beside Reply and then untick the checkbox. Thanks!