"Something went wrong" Shut Down Message

Reports06 vNAV Production ISbackup.pbix (3.2 MB)

Hello

I have created an operations report where the client has asked for PPM (packs per minute) from the shift start (6am) for each production line.
There are actually 14 production lines but when I try to add 14 cards with states visuals I get an out of memory error message (see attached text file for full error log)
I haven’t experienced this at other clients even with much more complex datasets and reports but I don’t know what is causing it and I want to check whether I am causing the problem with my DAX modelling or the custom visual. Please note the client asked for the PPM measure to be compared to a target and show red or green accordingly.

Please find attached the pbix file.

Many thanks Lizzie

Report Issue Log.txt (16.0 KB)

Thanks for posting your question @LizzieTompsett. To receive a resolution in a timely manner please make sure that you provide all the necessary details on this thread.

Here is a potential list of additional information to include in this thread; masked demo pbix file, images of the entire scenario you are dealing with, screenshot of the data model, details of how you want to visualize a result, and any other supporting links and details.

Including all of the above will likely enable a quick solution to your question.

Hello, I have received a reply to my request for help that asks for more info but I have already supplied the pbix file. The report I am trying to produce needs 20+ cards with states visuals displayed as a dashboard. I don’t know what else to do to stop the out of memory errors.
Thank you for the topics but I can’t see how they relate to the error I am experiencing, many thanks Lizzie

@LizzieTompsett Instead of showing 14 separate cards, you should show all of them in one Multi-Row card.

1 Like

Hello Antriksh

Thank you for your reply - do you know of a multi row card that allows the values to change colour when measured against a condition, this is why I opted for the card with states visuals as it was a requirement of the client.

Do you think it is the multiple use of the card visuals that is taking the memory rather than the way I have used SUMMARIZE and CALCULATETABLE?

Many thanks Lizzie

As a test, try changing your card visuals into a table with conditional formatting - that will let us see if the problem is with the cards, or with your measures.

See attached for an example of how you could conditionally format a table.Reports06 vNAV Production ISbackup (w table).pbix (3.2 MB)

Hi @LizzieTompsett, we’ve noticed that no response has been received from you since the 25th of November. We just want to check if you still need further help with this post? In case there won’t be any activity on it in the next few days, we’ll be tagging this post as Solved. If you have a follow question or concern related to this topic, please remove the Solution tag first by clicking the three dots beside Reply and then untick the checkbox. Thanks!

A response on this post has been tagged as “Solution”. If you have a follow question or concern related to this topic, please remove the Solution tag first by clicking the three dots beside Reply and then untick the check box. Thanks!