Slicer with AND/OR Logic

Hi,

I was wondering if someone has a good idea how to solve following problem.

I would like to slice the data with AND and OR logic. e.g. in the example below you see car makers and colors, and two slicers. In the first slicer I would like to choose colors with AND logic + OR logic from the second slicer. Let say I´ll choose in the first Slicer Green, Blue - so I would like to see manufactures with at least Green AND Blue (default behavior of the Slicer is OR) and I would like to choose in the second slicer Pink, Red with OR logic. Means at the end I´ll have manufactures which have
(Green AND Blue) AND (Pink or Red).

@MVB,

Welcome to the forum - great to have you here!

If you’re willing to use custom visuals, there’s a really simple and direct solution to this problem. OKViz (the SQLBI guys) has a custom slicer visual (SmartFilter Pro) that has and/or filtering logic built in. I use it in many of my reports, because it expands the standard slicer capabilities in a number of valuable ways. I’ve posted pretty extensively about it here.

If you’re not willing/able to use custom visuals, this article should be helpful to you:

I hope this is helpful.

• Brian

Hi Brian, thank you, yes it´s kind of… in my case I have the same column and it´s and/or logic at the same time…

@MVB,

SmartFilter Pro can handle that. They have both a trial version and a PBIX demoing all the features available on the OKViz website, so you can play with it and see if it meets your needs.

• Brian
1 Like

thank you, I´ll give it a try

Hi @MVB, did the response provided by @BrianJ help you solve your query? If not, how far did you get and what kind of help you need further? If yes, kindly mark the thread as solved. Thanks!

Hi @MVB, we’ve noticed that no response has been received from you since the 21st of January. We just want to check if you still need further help with this post? In case there won’t be any activity on it in the next few days, we’ll be tagging this post as Solved. If you have a follow question or concern related to this topic, please remove the Solution tag first by clicking the three dots beside Reply and then untick the checkbox. Thanks!