Slicer to see the running total value for specific filter selection

i have year qtr and running count for years based head count . I just want to filter using the slicer and get the running total value for a specific qtr for a year

I have created the running total count based on
Running Total Count =
CALCULATE(
[TOTAL COUNT],
FILTER(
ALLSELECTED(‘All’[Year QTR]),
ISONORAFTER(‘All’[Year QTR], MAX(‘All’[Year QTR]), DESC)
)
)

I have year qtr and total in the table when I tried to filter say 2021 Q1 i would like to see the running total all the way to 2021 Q1 instead of just the count for the specific quarter
if anyone has better code to achieve this please share

Hi @ERA965, I noticed you didn’t provide a PBIX file. Providing one will help users and experts find a solution to your inquiry faster and better.

A perfect initial question includes all of the following:

• A clear explanation of the problem you are experiencing

• A mockup of the results you want to achieve

• Your current work-in-progress PBIX file

• Your underlying data file (to allow us to go into Power Query if necessary to transform your data and/or data model – often DAX questions really end up being data modeling solutions)

Check out this thread on Tools and Techniques for Providing PBIX Files with Your Forum Questions

Not completing your data may sometimes cause delay in getting an answer.

Hi @ERA965, we’ve noticed that no response has been received from you since July 8th.

We waited for the masked demo pbix file, images of the entire scenario you are dealing with, screenshot of the data model, details of how you want to visualize a result, and any other supporting links and details. Due to inactivity, we’ll be tagging this post as Solved.

i have tried updating using with new dax codes and it worked.

Running Count Total for Yr QTR =

CALCULATE(

[TOTAL COUNT],

FILTER(

ALL(‘All’[Year QTR]),

ISONORAFTER(‘All’[Year QTR], MAX(‘All’[Year QTR]), DESC)

)

)

Will it be possible to show only the four top values in the slicer instead of full thing

Hi @ERA965! We noticed that your inquiry was left unsolved for quite some time now. We strive to answer ALL inquiries in the forum.

However, if you are sure that you provided all pertinent context to your concerns and read how to use the forum more effectively and still find your question unanswered, you can check out tutorials to learn this yourself as your membership also comes with relevant resources that may help you with your Power BI education.

While our users and experts do as much as reasonable to help you with your inquiries, not all concerns can be attended to especially if there are some learnings to be done. Thank you!