Slicer From A Measure Like Top N

I would like to use a filtered list based on TOP N calculation , as a slicer. I know that slicers can only be taken from columns in a table , so I used the new table command to create columns that looked like my table on the canvas , ie a two column table that has a Name Column, and the Column which has my top N measure in it as a Calculated Column which has the function. Firstly the Table does not filter the Name Column based on Top N , it includes all the names, and I cant join the table to the table which is refereced in the Top N measure , has an error to the effect that the table referenced has a dual direction link , I tried to change this , but its greyed out.

So the question is how can I get the Table on the canvas containing the TOPN Measure and a Name , into a Data Table, from which I can make a slicer . I think the problem is you cant have a data table filtering itself on a measure in that table .

The overall requirement is to have a slicer whose range or choices are filtered by a TOP N measure, which is dynamic , ie the TOPN Names will change Per Year

I have resorted toi using the Names column from the table on the canvas to filter the canvas tables etc , it does the job , but its not intuitive or aesthetically pleasing

Thanks
Graham

Can you explain the scenario with example? If possible please attache pbix file too

Check out the ideas covered in this tutorial. This I believe will get you what you need here

Sam