SelectedValue (slicer[TYPE]) Today, Yesterday, MTD, etc

Hello, I didn’t realize I was summing dates, I used the code provided. If I saw the summing of dates, my lack of knowledge would have to have assumed it was correct. I did look into the ALL (Dates), but I was not too sure what you meant, I thought you meant all dates in the filter which I already had, so perhaps I misunderstood. Well, I most certainly must have!

Regards,
Paul.

Hi Brian,

Ah ok, I’ve only just started using the forum, so I guess I also need to learn how to use it as well, I’ll look at the video, to be honest, I do not have full confidence in the data I am importing as its a bit patchy, so I am in a position of not knowing if its the underlying data or the slicer. I will watch the video and do the needful and upload, there may be many mistakes, I am no completely sure I have the modelling correct either.

Thank you all for your help so far, I really appreciated it enormously, the learning curve is steep but I am enjoying the climb!

Regards,
Paul.

@PaulW,

“Ah ok, I’ve only just started using the forum, so I guess I also need to learn how to use it as well”

You’re doing absolutely fine. To be a good citizen on the forum, you just need to do three things:

1. Give your problem an honest effort before asking the question (search the forum and the knowledge base for solutions to same/similar problems, and try to work it out on your own, but don’t spend an inordinate amount of time beating your head against the wall before asking for help)

2. Make it as easy as possible for people to provide a solution to your question. This means if possible, provide a clear explanation of your issue, your PBIX file, and if relevant a mockup of the results you want to see.

3. Be nice.

That’s it. You’ve done #1 and #3, and you’re working on #2 (don’t worry about making it perfect). There are tons of really talented folks here who are eager to help. Using the forum well will get you way up the learning curve rapidly, and before you know it you’ll be answering others’ questions.

If you’re interested, I put together the following video on practice strategies that will help you improve quickly, with the forum taking center stage in those strategies.

• Brian
1 Like

This is going to be the sticky part, if you aren’t sure you can trust your data’s accuracy, then you aren’t going to absolutely know that the answer you are getting is wrong.

My suggestion is to work with a small portion of the data, and know what the results should be, then test it against your DAX. When first learning DAX, you’re going to do a LOT of verifying results against either an existing report, or with Excel logic.