Security - Column Level Security

I am revisiting column level security again.

I need column level security so that on my fact table the sales are visible and the costs are hidden.

As the users can create reports on the underlying data set I dont want them to be able to see the column and make a new measure based on the column.

They will have access to connect to the data set to create their own reports. This means that if you hide the base column costs they can not be allowed to create a measure that references costs. Simply hiding the column is not good enough.

Is there a way to do this without ripping my model in two and creating two different data sets which seems to be the only true secure way to do this?

Thanks
E

@ells Yup, you can use Object Level Security for that. OLS is covered in the Tabular Editor 3 course.

Looked at that but that only works at object level unless I have misses something, I tried to set three columns 1- read, 2- default, 3 - none
All of this just meant I could not see any data on the object. Either this would not work or there is some setting I am missing
Thanks
E

Hello @ells ,were you able to test the solution provided by @AntrikshSharma above?

Did his response help you solve your query?

If not, how far did you get and what kind of help you need further?

If yes, kindly mark as solution the answer that solved your query.

Took a bit of work.
The answer seems to be
one role for all data
one role to hide secure data

Thanks
E