Sales Modifier for certain months

I want to be able to modify the sales for a particular month. So December we might be closed for a couple of weeks so I want to modify the trend line to reflect that we are only open for half the time.

I have 12 what if parameters (one for each calendar month)
I set [Param Dec] to 0.5

I have the measures
[Sales] - this is the true sales value
My date table at lowest level of granualrity is month. Date table also contains years

[Sales value for trend] - this is what I need which should be
For each month [Sales] * [Parameter]

So it is like in the measure I need to calculate for each month and then show for the correct value for month or Year

How do I do this? Or am I moissing an easier way?

I had tried to add the modifiers to the date table but that does not seem to work.

Thanks
E

@ells,

I think what I would do in that case is just use a SWITCH(TRUE() ) measure to capture the appropriate what-if parameter value for each row in the sales table:

MonthlyAdjust = 
SWITCH( TRUE(),
	Sales[Month] = 1, [ParamJan Value],
	Sales[Month] = 2, [ParamFeb Value],
	Sales[Month] = 3, [ParamMar Value],
	etc.

Then at the monthly level, your adjusted sales becomes [Total Sales] * [Monthly Adjust].

I hope this is helpful.

• Brian

Hi @ellsM, did the response provided by @BrianJ help you solve your query? If not, how far did you get and what kind of help you need further? If yes, kindly mark as solution the answer that solved your query.

I hope that you are having a great experience using the Support Forum so far. We’ve recently launched the Enterprise DNA Forum User Experience Survey, please feel free to answer it and give your insights on how we can further improve the Support forum. Thanks!

Hi @ells, we’ve noticed that no response has been received from you since the 16th of April. We are waiting for the masked demo pbix file, images of the entire scenario you are dealing with, screenshot of the data model, details of how you want to visualize a result, and any other supporting links and details. In case there won’t be any activity on it in the next few days, we’ll be tagging this post as Solved.

Hi @ells, due to inactivity, a response on this post has been tagged as “Solution”. If you have a follow question or concern related to this topic, please remove the Solution tag first by clicking the three dots beside Reply and then untick the check box.

We’ve recently launched the Enterprise DNA Forum User Experience Survey, please feel free to answer it and give your insights on how we can further improve the Support forum. Thanks!