Row context Dax calculation issue

Hi ALL,

I am stuck with a scenario not sure whether I am over engineering to solve it but the use case is as below -
Currently client wants to see a percentage of Active customer six months later against the current month Moving Out customers
Screen shot below
Capture

In the attached screen shot would like to see percentage of active customers(4[is the active customers in the month of Apr]/11[whereas 11 is the total customers in the month of Nov]) with Axis as Check month i.e Apr 2020 and so on.

most important thing here is the X Axis of bar chart should be Check month and not the period.

I was able to solve the same using a calculated column which is 6 months later column , but i would need to understand how this can be solved without using a calculated column.

Sample Pbix.pbix (20.0 KB)

@BrianJ - Think this would be a cake walk for you, it would great if you help here

@Vishy

In this case you’ve to create Calculated column.

Hi Vishy,
You can create a measure to get 6 month date and can use that for your calculation.

6 month later =
VAR MaxDate = FORMAT(EDATE(MAX(Sheet1[Period]),5),“MMMYY”)
return MaxDate

6 month later function returns the date + 6 months in current row context. Hope this helps.

Hi @Vishy, we’ve noticed that no response has been received from you since the 24th of January. We just want to check if you still need further help with this post? In case there won’t be any activity on it in the next few days, we’ll be tagging this post as Solved. If you have a follow question or concern related to this topic, please remove the Solution tag first by clicking the three dots beside Reply and then untick the checkbox. Thanks!

@akila789

If he creates measure he can’t use in X Axis.