Rolling Sum As a Calculated Column Categoried by Multiple Columns

Hello All!,

I tried searching around the forum for my question/situation but have yet to see this here.
I need to add a Rolling Sum column into my dataset where they are grouped by three categories/columns;

1. Customer
  2. Item
  3. Location

I then need to order them by my Date field called MaxDate.
So basically it should create a rolling sum of inventory where Customer,Item, and Location are all the same and order them by their MaxDate.

I know this can be done as a measure but for my case I need it to be a calculated column.
If I need to expand on my topic please let me know! :slight_smile: Thanks

I think the why is important here because it reads as though you want to add a high cardinality column to a potentially very large fact table. Furthermore a calculated column is evaluated at refresh time meaning that results thereafter are static and can’t be influenced by slicers or selections…

So why do you think you need a calculated column?

Also, should you need further assistance, provide a PBIX and a mock up of the desired results.

1 Like

Hi @dataray, we’ve noticed that no response has been received from you since the 26th of November. We just want to check if you still need further help with this post? In case there won’t be any activity on it in the next few days, we’ll be tagging this post as Solved. If you have a follow question or concern related to this topic, please remove the Solution tag first by clicking the three dots beside Reply and then untick the checkbox. Thanks!

A response on this post has been tagged as “Solution”. If you have a follow question or concern related to this topic, please remove the Solution tag first by clicking the three dots beside Reply and then untick the check box. Thanks!