Repeating Sales Values

Hey Everyone,

I am new to power bi and I am having a problem of repeating totals for my sales.

Repeating Sales Value Screenshot

The data is from ecommerce and it is connected to the database which has all total sales.

I tried a SUMX function and when I put it in the table it only shows 400 dollars which is wrong.

1 Like

Hey,

Request to drop pbix.

1 Like

Hi @michael.gyure

As mentioned by @PankajNamekar, please provide a PBIX file. Providing one will help users and experts find a solution to your inquiry faster and better.

A perfect initial question includes all of the following:

• A clear explanation of the problem you are experiencing
  • A mockup of the results you want to achieve
  • Your current work-in-progress PBIX file
  • Your underlying data file (to allow us to go into Power Query if necessary to transform your data and/or data model – often DAX questions really end up being data modeling solutions)

Check out this thread on Tools and Techniques for Providing PBIX Files with Your Forum Questions

I also suggest that you check the forum guideline How To Use The Enterprise DNA Support Forum. Not adhering to it may sometimes cause delay in getting an answer.

Please also check the How To Mask Sensitive Data thread for some tips on how to mask your pbix file.
Not completing your data may sometimes cause delay in getting an answer.

Thank you!

ECOMM Dashboard - Copy.pbix (2.0 MB)

Sorry about that I had to anonymize the data, it was a lot to go through because its attached to the data base.

My main issue is I am wondering if I even need to be linked to the data base. All the calculations I need, need to come from the E commerce data.

Currently with all the dates and different price / quantity numbers, tables aren’t working together to give the correct sales amounts.

Here’s the correct one with the relationships

Hey,

please check the solution for total sales

So on my end I have the same measure

Total Sales = SUMX( order items, order items [quantity] * order items[price])

For some reason it only shows the total

Ecomm screenshot

Hey, its the fact that my date column in the query editor was showing as date / time. Thank you so much for your help!