Receipts Conciliation

Hello you all
Just wanted to know if there is any video or showcase, to reconcile receipts. I mean, from one side i have the invoice number and the value, and from the other side i have the receipt, the invoice it’s paying and the value.
I also have an excel file that shows me all the receipts by client and value. I want to check if my pbi file is doing it correctly.
I did a group by receipt number and value, from my pbi file. Did also a group by for the excel file and merge them both. Then i add a column for the difference of values.
Do you guys have any better experience on this matter?
Thanks a lot guys
Pedro

Hi @pedroccamara, we aim to consistently improve the topics being posted on the forum to help you in getting a strong solution faster. While waiting for a response, here are some tips so you can get the most out of the forum and other Enterprise DNA resources.

• Use the forum search to discover if your query has been asked before by another member.

• When posting a topic with formula make sure that it is correctly formatted to preformated text </>.

• Use the proper category that best describes your topic

• Provide as much context to a question as possible.

• Include demo pbix file, images of the entire scenario you are dealing with, screenshot of the data model, details of how you want to visualize a result, and any other supporting links and details.

I also suggest that you check the forum guideline https://forum.enterprisedna.co/t/how-to-use-the-enterprise-dna-support-forum/3951. Not adhering to it may sometimes cause delay in getting an answer.

Good morning everyone
I’m attaching 2 files:
Main Data, is the file that i have in my power bi file that shows what i have received. And the second file, Received, is a file that “they” sent me just to check if my pbi file has the same information.Main Data.xlsx (89.3 KB)
Received.xlsx (32.2 KB)

I want to see which receipts are not conciliated with Main Data, which don’t exists in main data and the totals for all this.

I’m sending you guys these 2 files just to hear your opinion on the best approach to achieve this and maybe you’re seen some video about it (i haven’t found yet).

Thanks to you all
Pedro

HI @pedroccamara,

Thank you for posting your question. Unfortunately, I have just seen your query. I am wondering if you already got solution from somewhere else? if not, please let me know and I can start digging for you to provide the solution. Cheers!!

1 Like

Hello @pedroccamara

The Main Data.xlsx file looks to be Master Data File whereas, Received.xlsx is a subset.

You can map Nº Cliente in Received.xlsx to Receipt# in Main Data.xlsx. This would require some transformation in the fields, however, then you can easily organize the data to show which document donot appear in Received.xlsx.

I hope this answers your query.

Best,
Kumail Raza

1 Like

Hi @pedroccamara

The data is transformed, modeled, mapped, and visualized between the 2 files.

The file is attached for your quick reference.

Regards
Kumail RazaMasterReceivedDataMapping.pbix (148.7 KB)

3 Likes

Thank you so much guys. What a great help you gave me!!
Thank you so much