Rank with Partition on different columns in Dax Query not working

Hi i am creating a ssrs report which has the rank column based on country ,title and genre. we are using SSAS tabular model as the data source I am trying to implement rank with partition in dax query but not working. below is the expected output.

below is my query for the report.

EVALUATE SUMMARIZECOLUMNS('Media attributes'[Title],
 'Time-as of date'[As Of Date], 'Subscriber country'[Country (short)], 'Media attributes'[Genre],
 FILTER(VALUES('Subscriber attributes'[Title]),NOT('Subscriber attributes'[Title]) IN {"HOW TO", "Unknown Media"}),
 "No of Views",[Content_Viewed])

data

I tried to use rankx functions different variations. But couldn’t get the row number/rank function working. any help much appreciated. I have attached the expected output in the excel. current query returns data except the rank column. DATA.xlsx (8.8 KB)

Hi @baijumohan, we aim to consistently improve the topics being posted on the forum to help you in getting a strong solution faster. While waiting for a response, here are some tips so you can get the most out of the forum and other Enterprise DNA resources.

• Use the forum search to discover if your query has been asked before by another member.
  • When posting a topic with formula make sure that it is correctly formatted to preformated text </>.
  • Use the proper category that best describes your topic
  • Provide as much context to a question as possible.
  • Include demo pbix file, images of the entire scenario you are dealing with, screenshot of the data model, details of how you want to visualize a result, and any other supporting links and details.

I also suggest that you check the forum guideline https://forum.enterprisedna.co/t/how-to-use-the-enterprise-dna-support-forum/3951. Not adhering to it may sometimes cause delay in getting an answer.

Hi @baijumohan

As mentioned by @EnterpriseDNA team. Please provide more details for us to look into this.

1. Sample data in form of excel or Table
  2. Criteria for Ranking
  3. What’s exact issue is being faced.

Thanks
Ankit J

HI @baijumohan

Have you tried looking at Dynamic Rank List for some reference?
Once you provide the pbix file, someone might be able to help you more as mentioned earlier by @EnterpriseDNA and @ankit.

Hope your problem will be solved soon.

Thanks and have a good day

Najah

Also if you would like to view this thread
Rankx Problem
Thanks
Najah

Hi I have provided the sample data in the excel format. Criteria for ranking is country, genre and title.

hi thanks for your reply. I dont have any pbix file. I am using this dax query as an output to the ssrs report.

Hi @baijumohan

I don’t know if your problem is solved, I was reading this article and thought of sharing with you, might be any help in your case.

SSRS Magic
SSRS Ranking

Please let us know here if it is of any help.

Regards

Najah

Hi @baijumohan, we’ve noticed that no response has been received from you since the 27th of March. We just want to check if you still need further help with this post? In case there won’t be any activity on it in the next few days, we’ll be tagging this post as Solved. If you have a follow question or concern related to this topic, please remove the Solution tag first by clicking the three dots beside Reply and then untick the checkbox. Thanks!