QuickBooks Desktop Connectors

Good morning,

Has anyone had success connecting PBI to QuickBooks Desktop? I know there is a new QuickBooks Online connector, but my organization is currently just using Desktop due to its additional functionality. Looking for advice on the best way to tap into QuickBooks so that I can model some data for our Finance Team.

Thank you!
Daniel

Daniel,

No current way to connect to Quickbooks Desktop, but there is a connection for Quickbooks Online.

What I have done recently is setup a Power Automate Desktop Flow to download all of the reports that are needed, and then put them in a Sharepoint folder that I connect to Power BI to refresh the data.

Thanks
Jarrett

Hi @daniel.new

I used to export the report(s) to excel by month and use power query to shape the data.

@jbressan That is what I was talking about, but the Power Automate Flow automatically completes that task for you.

Thanks
Jarrett

Hello @daniel.new, good to see that you are having progress with your inquiry. Did the response from the users above help you solve your inquiry?

If not, how far did you get and what kind of help you need further? If yes, kindly mark as solution the answer that solved your query.

Hi @daniel.new, we’ve noticed that no response has been received from you since Oct 1.

We just want to check if you still need further help with this post? In case there won’t be any activity on it in the next few days, we’ll be tagging this post as Solved.

Hi @daniel.new, due to inactivity, a response on this post has been tagged as “Solution”. If you have any concern related to this topic, please create a new thread.