Practicing a complete dashboard from beginning to end

I am currently having difficulty with thinking analytically, about what questions to ask, and what to do with data.
I mean I can think of some very basic ones with most data scenarios, but that’s about it. In the course, I see data available in a showcase, Complete PBIX files shared by other users. When I open them - I don’t know what to do with them.
This is probably keeping me from attempting any projects.
Once I know what I want to ask from my dataset, I can look at how to achieve it, how to use DAX, and other best practices.

I am not sure if I am missing any such content that already exists,

I think, If there can be some complete project/dashboard to follow along done from start to end, where most basic to advanced questions/problems are solved could help someone like me to develop that basic analytical thinking.

@jps,

You have come to the right place, my friend. We actually hear this concern a lot from members who have a good sense of some of the pieces and the concept of the four pillars, but are struggling to put it all together.

To assist those wrestling with these issues like yourself, earlier this year Enterprise DNA Expert @JarrettM put together a course called Mastering Report Development Start to Finish, where he guides you through from receipt of the initial challenge brief to the completion of his entry, the step-by-step process he went through in creating an exceptional challenge entry (one of his best reports, in my opinion).

You can actually work through this course and his entry along with him, and the forum is always available if you have questions as you proceed through the course materials.

I think you will find it a great way to understand how an expert developer thinks about report design, data prep, data modeling, DAX/analysis and finally visualization. One of the things I like most about this course is Jarrett really discusses these issues from the standpoint of developing a replicable process that you can apply to any reporting project.

Give it a go – I think you’ll find it’s just what the doctor ordered.

– Brian

https://forum.enterprisedna.co/t/mastering-report-development-start-to-finish-the-second-new-course-on-enterprise-dna-s-education-platform-in-2021/14695

That Sounds Exciting.
Looking forward to completing this course.

Thank you.