PowerBI.com to Excel

I have a data model that I created in Power BI Desktop and published to the PowerBI.com. I need to either export/convert the data model to an excel data model. Is this feature available ?

I tried to do this in my early days with Power BI but it wasn’t easy. Back then there were very few tools at all to help. Now there are a number of options.

1. Use the Analyse in Excel option. By default this brings the model to a pivot table in excel which may not be what you want. But you can change the query/ODC file to evaluate whatever DAX query you need.
  2. Check out Avi SIngh’s video - 5 ways to export to excel on you tube
  3. Note that Avi’s video was published before xmla end point which again is another option.

All sorts of ways to get data to excel here, but if it’s just the data from a visual then take the export option with the three dots at the top pf the visual.

Hope this helped
Pete

PS: Note for forum moderator. Newbie at helping out here. Are we OK putting links to “competitor” sites in here?

3 Likes

Thank you Pete. This is helpful.

Hi @svada, did the response provided by @BINavPete help you solve your query? If not, how far did you get and what kind of help you need further? If yes, kindly mark as solution the answer that solved your query.

I hope that you are having a great experience using the Support Forum so far. Kindly take time to answer the Enterprise DNA Forum User Experience Survey, we hope you’ll give your insights on how we can further improve the Support forum. Thanks!

Hi @svada, we’ve noticed that no response has been received from you since November 2.

We just want to check if you still need further help with this post? In case there won’t be any activity on it in the next few days, we’ll be tagging this post as Solved.

@svada .

I believe that the most recent version of Ken Pul’s Monkey Tools for Excel allows you to do exactly this.

They offer a trial version, so you could test it out per your specific requirements.

I hope this is helpful

• Brian
2 Likes

Hi @svada, due to your inactivity, a response on this post has been tagged as “Solution”. If you have any concern related to this topic, please create a new thread.

Thank you so much.

@BINavPete ,

Great to see you jumping in and answering forum questions. Awesome way to learn and improve your skills while helping others out. 100% fine to put links to non-Enterprise DNA resources in your forum responses. Goal is to provide people the best possible response – that often will be with references to our materials, but where there’s a source that better addresses the question feel free to use it.

– Brian

1 Like