Power BI Error Handling

Hello

I have created a dashboard based on a excel sheet and I was able to complete the dashboard. But when the person maintaining the excel sheet adds an additional column I getting error messages(OLE DB OR ODBC error) How can I fix it and how can I continue using the same excel sheet even when new columns are being added

Hi @beyonjoseph ,

What is the message - something like OLE DB or ODBC error: Exception from HRESULT: or ?

Check if names are same and maybe if some data types fixing need to be done.

If you use only one and same part of Excel (regardless of changes and current and future additional columns), maybe to use excel named range:

which you can reference in PowerBI as well.

Good luck.

Hi @beyonjoseph we aim to consistently improve the topics being posted on the forum to help you in getting a strong solution faster. While waiting for a response, here are some tips so you can get the most out of the forum and other Enterprise DNA resources.

• Use the forum search to discover if your query has been asked before by another member.
  • When posting a topic with formula make sure that it is correctly formatted to preformatted text </>.

• Use the proper category that best describes your topic

• Provide as much context to a question as possible.

• Include the masked demo pbix file, images of the entire scenario you are dealing with, screenshot of the data model, details of how you want to visualize a result, and any other supporting links and details.

I also suggest that you check the forum guideline How To Use The Enterprise DNA Support Forum. Not adhering to it may sometimes cause delay in getting an answer.

Please also check the How To Mask Sensitive Data thread for some tips on how to mask your pbix file.

Hello @beyonjoseph , good to see that you are having progress with your inquiry. Did the response from @mspanic help you solve your inquiry?

If it does, kindly mark as solution the answer that solved your query.

If not, how far did you get and what kind of help you need further?

Hi @beyonjoseph we noticed that no response was received from you with regard to our post last Dec 10th.

We just want to check if you still need further help with this post.

In case there won’t be any activity on it in the next few days, we’ll be tagging this post as Solved.

Hello @beyonjoseph ,

Due to the length by which this post has been active, we are tagging it as Solved.

Thanks to the contributors of this post.

For further questions related to this post, please make a new thread. Please feel free to reopen this thread if anyone would like to answer the pending inquiry above.

Thank you