Power BI Builds 4 - Delivery App Review

@JarrettM
Figured out. Thanks!

@harsh.nathani,

“But this link re-directs you to the same link which I have posted.”

Sorry – I’m not seeing that. When I click on the link I provided and scroll halfway down, there’s the option to download the free data set, which is different than the one you provided:

• Brian

Hi Brian
If I download, i have to be agreed with:
" Use of the free database in production requires that you link back to:
https://simplemaps.com/data/us-cities .

What shall I do if I use it ?
I can’t understand it.

/Amdi

@Amdi,

I think just including a small note at the bottom of the page linking back to the source is fine. For my reports, I typically include an information page at the end, listing any additional data, custom visuals, supporting programs I used to create the report. I was going to put the link there. Here’s an example from my report on Challenge #2:

Of course, if you don’t want to bother with the citation, there are tons of other free city database sources. I just happened to like the layout and content of this one…

I hope that’s helpful.

• Brian
3 Likes

Challenge accepted

2 Likes

Hi All,
This time I create my report thinking in the things I wanted to learn in Power BI.
I wanted to use:

1. DataFlows: in my workspace I stored the Dates DIM table that I use all the time. I am very happy because is much easier to share and maintain.
  2. Text with measures: I create an Analysis with a narrative for storytelling. I made many assumptions for my analysis from the data provided
  3. Bookmarks: I used buttons to navigate thru the bookmarks. I was enjoying creating my report until I start using the bookmarks :frowning:

I also attached a video of the report running

QUESTION!!! I could not figure out how to get the store with the highest elapsed time in a measure, I wrote the name, but I wanted to have it dynamic. If some one has a suggestion, I will appreciate your comments.

I create a write up of the report in Challenge 4- Delivery App Data Entry from DianaB

Please let me know if you have any question or comments and suggestions to improve my report.

Thanks,

Diana

9 Likes

Nice work. Like the design

1 Like

Awesome work @DianaB the standard has been set.

1 Like

Hi All,

Please find the snapshot for my submission.

I would like to Thank @sam.mckay for all the tutorials on Power BI.

1. I have tried using SVG from the blog (https://hatfullofdata.blog/) for filling up the bees according to their %ages.

2. Tried to create a bee template.

Do let me know your views and suggestion on the visualization.

Regards,
Harsh Nathani

8 Likes

Great work @harsh.nathani a really nice looking report.

I didn’t think id be so drawn to a black and yellow theme.

Cant wait to have a play with it and get into the detail.

Haroon

1 Like

Thanks @haroonali1000.

I have mailed the report at powerbichallenge@enterprisedna.co

Just wanted to confirm whether we receive an acknowledgement mail after we submit the challenge.

Regards,
Harsh Nathani

@harsh.nathani you wont get a confirmation email.

Your report has been received.

Regards,
Haroon

1 Like

Looking forward to submitting my report later today!

I recording the whole thing also, so will release it on Enterprise DNA TV in the coming days

Sam

1 Like

I’m done. Here’s my submission

I’ve really gone out there with my visualization and challenged myself to do something different. The visual part of the challenge took me the longest time, just working out what would look good together.

I took inspiration for the report design inspiration section of our knowledge base.

https://info.enterprisedna.co/report-design-inspiration/

You can have a play around with the report here

I’ve embedded a few navigation additions to the report with the icons which makes it easier to find certain insights.

Let me know what you think!

I’ll do a bigger run down in the project updates section early next week.

I’ve also recorded most of the development so will be placing that on youtube shortly also

Sam

12 Likes

@sam.mckay,

:+1:. I never would’ve imagined that visual scheme would work, but it really does. It’s striking, but not to the point of detracting/distracting from the analysis itself.

The report design inspiration gallery is also really developing well as more and more of these challenges produce great submissions.

Working on getting mine finalized over the next day or so and look forward to posting it, and can’t wait to see the other entries…

• Brian
1 Like

Hi,
What is the best solution for the dates which are not in correct format?

Thanks,
Sachin

Hi @sachince61,

If you look at posting 18, that should answer your question.

thanks
Keith

1 Like

Hello Forum,
Please let me share my submission.

1. Selection Pane to select warehouse and store(used book marks)
  2. Buttons to select type of damage or return
  3. Button to switch chart type (used book marks)

Thank you forum always.

Regards,
Hideo

4 Likes

Hi there

This is my submission for the EDNA Challenge 4.

A brief overview of what I have done in this report.

In order to analyse which WH-store combination is using the App regularly, I have created a metric called ‘App usage score’ and the average value of each WH-store combination is calculated.

The scoring criteria to calculate ‘App usage score’ for each delivery I use is

Label Damaged (Scanned) = 2
Label Damaged (Manual) = 0
Label Not Damaged (Scanned) = 1
Label Not Damaged (Manual) = -1

The goal is to benefit the app users more (those who scan) for scanning, even when the label is damaged, and to penalize those who do not scan even when the Label is perfectly OK.

The average app score for all WH-Store combinations is then used to segment in Groups (Strong, medium and low) based on their App usage and compared with % Label Damaged in a scatter plot. It can be seen that most WH-Store combination show some kind of a trend to use the Delivery App, while some are not using it at all. This will help the management to see the WH-Store combination where app usage is greatest and also the percentage of label damages.

I have also segmented the time spent in store in 5 categories, [0-10], [10-20], [20-30], [30-40] and [>40] for all deliveries.

Rest of the stats are pretty straight forward.

You can see the report at

https://app.powerbi.com/view?r=eyJrIjoiNWMxZWE0MmUtMjVhNi00ZDFkLTg2OGUtMWU3N2Q5ZmIwZDBhIiwidCI6ImU1NzkyODRjLTM1NDktNDgxZi1hMTRmLTM5NjliMGUxMmI4OSIsImMiOjl9

Looking for feedback on the report so I can improve in future.

Thanks

Abu Bakar Alvi

7 Likes

All,

Here is my submission for Challenge 4. Will do a full review of my entry soon.

Here is weblink:

Thanks
Jarrett

6 Likes