Power BI Builds 3 - HR Data Insights

Incredible creativity!

Very nice report, however, I cannot navigate to the link.

Reset slicer approach is typically, set the slicers to whatever ‘reset’ position you like, create a bookmark (with the correct data setting … I never know what is what until I try), and then assign the bookmark to the image action. This will go to the bookmark with the default data setting / slicer setting.

1 Like

@sunip See above for reset slicer tip.

@Greg
Hi Greg,
I love your clean report. Complexity with simplicity, a very elegant solution. well done.
A few questions:
Is the text in the top left box dynamic? If so I would love to know how you did it.
I also love the bottom section which you show the selections from the slicers. Is there any chance of you posting you pbix for inspiration and learning?
regards
John

Hi @jgriffit

Thanks for your kind words.

Yes (kind-of) the text in the top left box is dynamic. I used the Enlighten Data Story custom visual, where you can insert measures into a pre-defined text story; so the measures are dynamic, but the text isn’t. I’m hopeful a newer version of the custom visual will allow for dynamic text too.

Here’s a link to my write-up of my thought process

Here’s my pbix.
eDNA Challenge 3 - HR Data Insights - Greg Philps.pbix (582.5 KB)

Thanks again.
Greg

2 Likes

Thank you, I did tried and it worked.

Thanks @Greg. Scouring your beautiful solution today … my idea of a great Sunday!

Hi @Greg,
What have you done with the Whitespace Character measure?
I see you have Report Admin measure, for the version information etc, but don’t see what you have done with the Whitespace Character measure. Something sneaky going on there. :slight_smile:

Hi @jgriffit. I needed something for the body of the card I used in the lower-right corner so I could put my [Report Admin] measure in the card title and right-align it.

Hi @haroonali1000

Apologies for submitting rather late. I have sent my work to the email address provided. I am a learner and would like to become an expert in PowerBI. Please review my work (i.e. the Data Model, Visualisation etc) and feedback. I am happy to take on board any comments/criticism and continue in my quest to get better at it. Thank you

HRData-Challenge.pbix (198.4 KB)

Apologies for submitting rather late. I am a beginner in PowerBI and here to learn more, please review my work and any comments/criticisms will be greatly appreciated.
Thank you

1 Like

@DianaB are you able to share your PBIX file for BI challenge 3 with me?

Thanks,

Patrick

Hi @ambepat see post 52 in this chat. Is my write up , at the end is the pbix.
Diana

Thanks DianaB

@DianaB The navigation for this one is really fantastic! Really impressed by your submission.

2 Likes

Thanks @datazoe, I enjoyed a lot building this report. There is lots of great ideas in the forum

1 Like

Hi Greg , Fantastic report any chance you could share your PBIX file , would love to pull it apart.
Thanks

Thanks @Jeffb … you can get many of the PBIX files from past challenges in the Power BI Challenge Showcase module. Here’s a link to those for Challenge #3:

Hope this helps.
Greg

Thank you for the quick response. Much appreciated.