Power BI Challenge 16 - Timesheet Utilisation Reporting from Mehdi

Here’s Mehdi’s entry for Power BI Challenge 16. @MehdiH, feel free to add other details of your work.

Home page screenshot

You can use the “Projects timeline” to slice the report and get details about a specific project

I added a custom tooltips on the “Daily worked Hours” to show details on the task done at a particular day

I also added a tooltips on the “Projects timeline”

And this is the screenshot of the “Information” page

Here’s how Mehdi described it:

Notes :

For the analyze, I made the following assumption

• Regular working period is from 8 AM to 5 AM with 1 hour break from Monday to Friday. So it is 8 hours work per day. Saturday and Sunday are days off and I also considered 10 holiday days (US Holidays 2021 us-public-holidays.com)
  • Overtime hours look at work done on non regular working period.
  • Overuse hours look at working load that is more than 8 hours a day.

For the “Projects timeline” visual

I initially tried is to create a custom visual with Charticulator but I was not flexible as I wanted so I switched to a bar chart and used an old excel trick :slight_smile:

To learn about the real-life scenario presented for the challenge, be sure to click on the image below.

power-bi-chal-1

2 Likes

This post is part of the Enterprise DNA platform improvements. Through these posts, members and non-members can showcase the resources and inspirations on how they come up with their challenge submissions. We hope all members can utilize it efficiently.

Nice one Medhi, thanks for getting involved this time round once again.

Nice work on the insights really like all the tooltips that you’ve integrated into the report.

I think you’ve thought deeply about the key insights that you wanted to showcase in these particular tooltips in the way you’ve set them out as quite intuitive.

The project’s timeline visual is really interesting as well. How did you actually create the seamless project tracking insights? It looks like just used a bar chart which is really smart. I presume you actually could have any type of color background you just need to make sure that the color in the inner bars is the same color as the background. Really nice I like the innovation around that.

I think you’ve really placed the visualizations and insights nicely here also. The only change I think is the line charts are a bit busy. So maybe if you could summarize those in a slightly different way. Maybe started a monthly level and enable someone in a tooltip to look down at a daily granularity. Just some ideas

Nice work here

Sam

1 Like