Power BI Challenge 14 - Emergency Services Analytics from Jose

Here’s Jose’s entry for Power BI Challenge 14. @jbressan, would you like to share how you built this dashboard and what your inspiration is in building it?

Here’s the link to the report:

To learn about the real-life scenario presented for the challenge, be sure to click on the image below.

power-bi-chal-1

2 Likes

This post is part of the Enterprise DNA platform improvements. Through these posts, members and non-members can showcase the resources and inspirations on how they come up with their challenge submissions. We hope all members can utilize it efficiently.

I really love the framework that you’ve built into this report layout. I’m not sure where you got the inspiration for this but I think the iPad look is awesome. And to me it looks like a compelling application which is something that I’m always after when I build a lot of my more comprehensive reports.

One simple fix here would be to make sure the color within your visuals align with the purple that you had around the layout. It doesn’t seem like that was done here and so you have this weird contrast of different colors which detracts from the great work you’ve done on your visuals.

I also really like the weekly visual you’ve created with each day broken down that was quite an innovative solution which I don’t think I saw on many other reports.

Also I think you built in all of the filtering mechanisms required for a user to find any insight that they could want so I think that is has been done well. One thing to note though at end this is a very common thing that is overlooked is that when you have a lot of filters with a lot of selections sometimes it’s actually hard for the consumer to know what is actually selected when you have many filters in place at once. So sometimes you have to through labeling or through different filtering mechanisms show all of the different context being placed into a report page

Something to consider in the future.

Congrats on your great submission an look forward to seeing more in the near future

Sam

2 Likes