Power Automate Workout 02 - Adding Current Date To The End Of A File Name

Difficulty Rating: 1 out of 5

In this workout we are going to use Power Automate Desktop to create a flow that will add the Current Date to the end of the attached Excel file name. The 1st picture shows the original file name, and the 2nd picture shows what the file name looks like after the Current Date.

Hint: This can be done in 1 step within Power Automate, but ok if it takes multiple steps as well

This is a simple flow, but just taking some of what was applied last week and applying it to something a bit different.

Post your submission in the same format at the screenshot provided. You may also provide a copy of the steps of your flow as well, but please blur out those steps if possible.

Enjoy
Jarrett

Chuck Norris Approved.xlsx (184.7 KB)

Hi Jarret,

thanks for the hint.

I enjoyed this one.
Thanks
Keith

1 Like

I’m enjoying learning more about Power Automate through these workouts. Here’s my submission:

1 Like

@Jarrett,
Thanks for another great Workout.

Here is my flow:

Summary

1 Like

Here’s my attempt!

1 Like

Hi Jarret, looking forward for the next workout :slight_smile:

1 Like

@JarrettM ,

I took the long way around on this one. Learned a good lesson – look at all the options available before picking one. :grinning:

My flow:

Summary

Great learning experience. Loving these workouts – thanks!

chuck

1 Like

Everyone,

Thanks for participating in this workout. Keeping it simple to start, and then we will progress to some things a bit more complicated.

Here is my solution to Workout # 02

Thanks
Jarrett

1 Like