Percentages not giving me correct result

Hi,
Need this very urgent I would highly appreciate your help in this regard,

Req1:
I have made the measures for each category of the line Items

Line Items are ( Individuals, Business & Industry, Membership & Subscription, etc)
and then I made Avg of all the Licensee Type.

I want the Cards to give me percentages till Grantee_Name and should not go beyond that i.e. line items as the line items are giving me the incorrect result or I am OK if the Line Item can also be fixed
If i am confusing i can explain over screen Share mode also.

Sample File.pbix (8.9 MB)

Correct Result: Till Station it is giving the correct result…

Incorrect Numbers:

Req2:
I want to make Groups based on their revenue and I want to put these groups into slicers where I can Change the Groupss in the Slicer and Data should filter based on the Slicer Data .

Revenue Groups that I want to be in the slicer

0 && mygrpval <= 499999, “Small”,

499999 && mygrpval <= 14999999, “medium”,
14999999 && mygrpval <= 249999999, “large”,
249999999 , “super large”)

P.S. I my requirements are confusing you can reach out to me at mohammedkhan11@gmail.com

Hi @mohammedkhan11,

Thanks for posting your question. Your requirements are a bit confusing but let’s try to work out exactly by taking baby steps. First of all, you feel that when you select Line inside the Guarantee_Name, it gives wrong percentage but actually it is giving right percentage based on your formula. May be your formula is not correct to calculate percentage as your numerator is total.

Along with that if you plot these 2 measures that you used inside your %, you will get below value and % is correct based on these values.

You can verify by going in table view and by selecting KAJX and Business and Industry. Please let me know what is wrong with these and I will be happy to help you to sort out.

Kind Regards,
Hafiz

1 Like

AoA,
The Second picture what I have posted was, I want the calculations stopped at the Station level and should not go granular at the line item
or have the measure written in a way when even the line item is clicked it should be calculated with the total of their line item category such as
if the Business and Industry (line Item is is clicked ) it should be telling me average for Business and Industry.
Let me know if that make more sense to you or we can connect over email mohammedkhan11@gmail.com

P.S. This is quite urgent and need that urgently

For that, you can simply remove filter from line using ALL function.

% Individual =
CALCULATE (
    DIVIDE ( [Total Indi], [Rev_From_CU] ),
    ALL ( 'Combo_Updated'[Line] )
)

In this case, even you select any line item above measure will not change based on the line.

Please feel free to get back if anything is not clear.

Kind Regards,
Hafiz

And for your second part, there are many ways to achieve that. One way to to use switch statement. You can put conditions as you like. Below is just an example.

Conditional_Measure =
SWITCH (
    TRUE (),
    [Rev_From_CU] >= 1000000000 && [Rev_From_CU] <= 10000000000000, "Big",
    [Rev_From_CU] >= 1000000, "Medium",
    "Samll"
)

And results will be like below:

Assalam u Alaikum,
Ramadan Kareem!
Thank you Req1: is the exactly what I wanted therefore I have marked it with as Solution Accepted.

Thank you @hafizsultan

Regards,
Muhammad

What if I would like to know

1. How Many Grantee are there in the “Big” Group
  2. Any Grantee Name is a What Percentage of their Group
    and there could be many more variations That i can extract

Hi @mohammedkhan11. Please start a new thread for a new question.
Greg

@Greg This is an Old Thread with same old question Req2:

Hi @mohammedkhan11. It’s a little confusing when the post is marked as solved. Many members do not look at solved threads, so you’re issue might not be reviewed.
Greg

why aren’t they starting a new posting when they are asking a different question…so confusing…i think once the posting has been solved there should be a message you can’t post to this thread

@Greg Please enlighten me, can’t we club the requirements and place it in one thread or does it have to be separate thread meaning dissect it and then post it.
I’ll start a new thread for everyone convenience.

topic thread is at the top of this forum explain the rules that is (its pinned by edna)

@hafizsultan Thank you for providing the solution
@Greg I’ll post a new thread for the Grouping Requirement that I had.
I hope I will not receive any other replies from any other anonymous users coz it is not required … Their silence will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Regards,
Muhammad Khan

Hi @mohammedkhan11, though we appreciate the detailed information you posted, I’m afraid this thread violated some forum rules.

We would like to emphasize that asking more than one question in a forum thread and posting questions that could take hours to answer are considered inappropriate.

While all our users and experts do their best to respond on a timely manner, we discourage demanding urgent answers. Please be patient, as this isn’t an on-demand forum. Response times will likely be anywhere between 12-48 hours.

More details can be found here - https://forum.enterprisedna.co/t/asking-questions-on-the-enterprise-dna-support-forum/30

Kindly mark the response that solved your first inquiry and thank you for agreeing to post a new thread for your Grouping Requirement.

I have marked both my requirements as a solution(as Solved) so there will be no confusion anymore, hope this would suffice.