PBI limit date period selection

Hi all,
Can you please share your thoughts in getting this sorted?

I have a Date slicer with 4 weeks of rolling data.
The requirement is to allow user to select only 14 days or less.
The user should not select more than 14 days on the date slicer.

I have attached the sample file.

Regards,
Stella
DateSlider.pbix (19.1 KB)

Bumping this post for more visibility.

Hi @stellaj - This is a duplicate post to Limit the Date slicer selection. Already provided response there that requested requirement is not possible in Power BI.

Thanks
Ankit J

@stellaj ,

I believe @ankit is correct that this can’t be done with a single slicer. However if you are willing to separate the start and end dates into two slicers, then it is possible with a fair amount of work. Here’s how to do it:

1. Create two disconnected Date tables, composed of the Date column from the Dates_DM table
  2. Use the first disconnected table for the start date slicer
  3. Harvest the value from that slicer
  4. Add 14 days to the harvested value to get the max end date
  5. Use the second disconnected table for the end date slicer
  6. Please a visual filter on this slicer limiting the date to the max end date calculated in the step above
  7. Create a final measure limiting the axis of the line chart to the max end date calculated 5-6 above.

Below is a screenshot showing how this works.

I have also attached the PBIX solution file. I hope this is helpful.

• Brian

eDNA Forum - DateSlider Solution.pbix (25.7 KB)

1 Like

Thank you @BrianJ for the detailed solutions steps and for the file.
Hopefully it will resolve my problem.

Thank you once again

Thank you @ankit for looking into this topic.

It’s great to know that you are making progress with your query @stellaj.

Please don’t forget if your question has been answered within the forum it is important to mark your thread as ‘solved’.

We request you to kindly take time to answer the Enterprise DNA Forum User Experience Survey, We hope you’ll give your insights on how we can further improve the Support forum. Thanks!

Hi @stellaj, we’ve noticed that no response has been received from you since a few days ago.

We just want to check if you still need further help with this post?

In case there won’t be any activity on it in the next few days, we’ll be tagging this post as Solved.