PBI Implementation

Hello Everyone!

I have a question around PBI implementation. If a potential client does not have access to a PBI subscription, how would I go about giving them access to that report.

I currently have a PBI Pro account.

Thanks!
Nikesh

@nikeshvalji ,

A lot depends on whether the data are sensitive or not. If they’re not, and you don’t care about someone outside the company being able to find the data on the web, you can use Publish to Web. Otherwise, short of sending them the PBIX file, I don’t think you have a lot of options.

You may find this recent thread helpful:

• Brian

Thanks @BrianJ - I really appreciate your response! The topic was really useful.

I’ve heard there are workarounds where you can add guest email addresses through Azure Active Directory and share the report by allowing them access that way…is that also a possibility?

Thanks,
Nikesh

@nikeshvalji ,

I guess you could do that to allow shared access to the PBIX file, but then they’re going to be viewing the report in development mode, which isn’t a particularly good way to experience the great UI features you can build using Bookmarks, Page Navigation, links tied to buttons and images, etc.

And from a governance standpoint our Admin would never let us add external addresses to our AAD.

• Brian

Hello @nikeshvalji, we’ve noticed that there’s no response from you since August 18.

We just want to check if you still need further help with this post? In case there won’t be any activity on it in the next few days, we’ll be tagging this post as Solved.

Thanks!

Hi @nikeshvalji, due to inactivity, a response on this post has been tagged as “Solution”. If you have a follow question or concern related to this topic, please remove the Solution tag first by clicking the three dots beside Reply and then untick the check box.