PBI file with dax pattern formulas

Hi

I am a long time listener first time caller. I have just been watching Sam’s content “Using ChatGPT To Supercharge Power BI Development” which has been really good. In the content Sam references his own template pbi file which includes all his dax formula patterns and date table etc. Would it be possible to have access to this template file (if it isnt already on the platform somewhere…)?

Cheers
George

Hi @George1,

You may find the DAX Formula Reference Guide on your dashboard under resources.
or you mat follow this link: https://app.enterprisedna.co/app/resources

For the date table, you mat refer to these forum post by Melissa

Thank you!

Hi

I was more after a reference file to formular patterns (ie cummulative sales, moving average etc…) rather than a guide on the DAX functions. It looked like the file that was used in the video had a whole of lot of pattern formulars. Is that available anywhere?

Thanks
G

Hi @George1,

I know what you are talking about. The file that he is using is a template pbix file that he has everything created before starting a new model. I don’t see it any place on the portal and i don’t think it will be shared.

You will likely have create that yourself.

I source for you could use to get that started is the analyst hub. People put some of their dax coding formula there for others to reference off.

I hope this helps to get you started.

Thanks
Keith

Hi @George1, the Analyst Hub is an excellant resource, and has has a lot of formula patterns. I would also recommend DAX Patterns for their extensive DAX pattern collection that is usually the baseline resource along with that of EnterpriseDNA.

Okay thanks for the replies Keith & ystroman

1 Like