On Hand Balance

Please can someone point me in the right direction. I have two tables , table one shows current on hand balance , table two pulls in future manufacture orders. I can easily pull through manufacture data week by week and accumulate , what I need to do is use the OHB as the starting point then build on the rolling balance. Any idea how I do this ?
Thanks in advance.
Jeff

Hi @Jeffb

Sam Covers Cumulative / Running Total In depth throughout the Portal. Further, If you can attach the PBIX file, it will enable analyst’s to help you quicker, as well as re-reading through your first post and clearly defining your question.

In the mean time here are some links help you get started on running totals.

Cheers Adam

On Hand Balance.pbix (160.3 KB)

Hi Adam, here’s my PBIX file. Thank you

Hi @Jeffb, we aim to consistently improve the topics being posted on the forum to help you in getting a strong solution faster. While waiting for a response, here are some tips so you can get the most out of the forum and other Enterprise DNA resources.

• Use the forum search to discover if your query has been asked before by another member.
  • When posting a topic with formula make sure that it is correctly formatted to preformatted text </>.

• Use the proper category that best describes your topic
  • Provide as much context to a question as possible.
  • Include the masked demo pbix file, images of the entire scenario you are dealing with, screenshot of the data model, details of how you want to visualize a result, and any other supporting links and details.

I also suggest that you check the forum guideline How To Use The Enterprise DNA Support Forum. Not adhering to it may sometimes cause delay in getting an answer.

Please also check the How To Mask Sensitive Data thread for some tips on how to mask your pbix file.

Hi @Jeffb,

Few things to note.

1. I’ve marked your Date table as date table
  2. You don’t have a Product dimension table, instead you’ve used the OHB table as a dimension

See if this meets your requirement.

OHB = 
VAR FirstDay = MINX( ALLSELECTED( 'Date Table'[Date] ), [Date] )
VAR OH = 
    CALCULATE( SUM( 'On Hand Balance'[On hand balance] ),
        DATESBETWEEN( 'Date Table'[Date],
            FirstDay,
            MAX( 'Date Table'[Date] )
        )
    )
VAR Supply =
    CALCULATE( [Manufacture],
            FirstDay,
        )
    )
VAR Demand =
    CALCULATE( [Sales],
            FirstDay,
        )
    )
RETURN

IF( NOT( ISBLANK( CALCULATE([Manufacture] + [Rolling OHB] + [Sales] , ALLSELECTED( 'On Hand Balance'[Item number] )) )),
    OH + Supply - Demand
) 

With this result.

Here’s your sample file. On Hand Balance.pbix (149.0 KB)
I hope this is helpful.

Hi Melissa
You are an absolute star. I really appreciate your support and guidance. Just what I wanted.
Regards
Jeff

2 Likes