New/Lost Customers not totaling correctly

Hi All.

So I just used the terrific “Evaluating New Customer Sales” tutorial to create a nice dashboard for my company. But I noticed one odd thing that I don’t understand. The totals for New and Lost customers don’t make sense when the Churn days are extended to 360 days. If you take the attached .pbix and on “Page 1” extend the days to 360 for 2018 analysis year adn look at the totals for new and lost customers. Lost customers is blank when I think that the total should be -3 and new customers are 3 when it should be 10. What am I missing?
New Customer Analysis.pbix (487.0 KB)

Thanks,

John

Does this have anything to do with the hardcoding of 365?

Thanks for look at this! The answer to your question is no, the 365 does not impact the totals.

Any other ideas?

Best,

John

Hello @jdibari,

Thank You for posting your query onto the Forum.

Well, it’s just a totalling issue/error and this similar type of topics has been addressed quite a few times onto our Forum. Just write the below provided measures and you’ll see the correct totals.

New Customers - Totals = 
SUMX(
    SUMMARIZE(
        Dates , 
        Dates[Month & Year] , 
        "@Totals" , 
        [New Customers] ) , 
    [@Totals]
)
Lost Customers - Totals = 
SUMX(
    SUMMARIZE(
        Dates , 
        Dates[Month & Year] , 
        "@Totals" , 
        [Lost Customers] ) , 
    [@Totals]
)

I’m also attaching the working of the PBIX file as well as providing a link of the post which our expert had created on this very topic for the reference purposes.

Hoping you find this useful and meets your requirements that you’ve been looking for. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks and Warm Regards,
Harsh

New Customer Analysis - Harsh.pbix (465.1 KB)

Thank you @Harsh for that detailed answer :slight_smile:

Hi @jdibari, we’ve noticed that no response has been received from you since a few days ago.

We just want to check if you still need further help with this post?

In case there won’t be any activity on it in the next few days, we’ll be tagging this post as Solved.

This is hugely helpful. Thanks!!