New Customers in a given period

Hi,
I am trying to identify new customers in each new period/month. I have customer contributions These could be from Fees charged or interest income (from a deposit or loan). I am able to identify customer deposits for a given period, but would also like to see the new customer deposits from newly acquired customers
I have a date table and the table for contributions. I have watched your videos on this but not able to get this working right. Attached is a sample pbix of my attempt.
Any help will be appreciated

NewCustomerDeposits = 
VAR
	Customers = VALUES( Contribution[CustNo] )
 RETURN
 CALCULATE([Deposits],
   FILTER(
          Contribution,
           CALCULATE(COUNTROWS(Contribution),
           FILTER(ALLSELECTED(Contribution),Contribution[IncomeDate] < MIN(Contribution[IncomeDate]))) = 0 ))   

Customer 205 is new in Feb 2020,

However getting

Thanks

Hi @Pk1tre, we aim to consistently improve the topics being posted on the forum to help you in getting a strong solution faster. While waiting for a response, here are some tips so you can get the most out of the forum and other Enterprise DNA resources.

• Use the forum search to discover if your query has been asked before by another member.

• When posting a topic with formula make sure that it is correctly formatted to preformated text </>.

• Use the proper category that best describes your topic

• Provide as much context to a question as possible.

• Include demo pbix file, images of the entire scenario you are dealing with, screenshot of the data model, details of how you want to visualize a result, and any other supporting links and details.

I also suggest that you check the forum guideline https://forum.enterprisedna.co/t/how-to-use-the-enterprise-dna-support-forum/3951. Not adhering to it may sometimes cause delay in getting an answer.

Hi @Pk1tre,

Welcome to the Forum!

Yes you don’t seem to be filtering your virtual Customers table or your Dates table…
Make sure you have placed the Dates[Date] in your Table visual and try this measure instead:

NewCustomerDeposits = 
VAR Customers = VALUES( Contribution[CustNo] )
RETURN

CALCULATE( [Deposits],
    FILTER( Customers,
        CALCULATE(  COUNTROWS( Contribution ),
        FILTER( ALLSELECTED( Dates ), Dates[Date] < MIN( Dates[Date] ))) = 0 ))

If you still need support after that, please provide a sample PBIX - thanks!

Have you read through this?. Does this help?

Hi, Thanks for the pointers, I was able to resolve. However we are also redefining what a new customer means after presentation of the results. I.e is sometimes we do onboard customers and they don’t transact for a while. So there is a customer relationship start date in the crm system and also the first date we earn from them (contributions table).
Thanks

Hi @Pk1tre, just a friendly reminder, if your original question has been answered within the forum it is important to mark your thread as ‘solved’. If you have a follow question or concern related to this topic please start a new topic. More details can be found here - Asking Questions On The Enterprise DNA Support Forum