Need help with model

Hi All,
I need to work on a report similar like attached report. But the attached report which was worked by someone is quite confusing and I am not able to understand could you please help me getting this report very simple for me.

Since the file is size very big i am keeping this in a Google drive and will not be able to give access to all. So i need help from someone who can help me here.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1tLfMVZ0MlhzpeF7BM53Wkis392unVVAj/view?usp=sharing

Regards
Nag

@Nagi_k,

While I wasn’t able to access your link, I have concerns based on the nature of this question that it does not conform to the parameters of an appropriate question within the forum. I would first suggest reading this guidance from @sam.mckay and then narrowing your questions down to the specific issues that you are having a hard time understanding.

https://forum.enterprisedna.co/t/asking-questions-on-the-enterprise-dna-support-forum/30

Thanks.

• Brian

Thanks Brian. I have given access to the drive.
I will narrow my questions as well

Regards
Nag

@Nagi_k,

Wow! – This is one of the largest, most complex Power BI reports I’ve ever seen (39 pages, 17 custom visuals, R scripts requiring a wide range of packages to be installed, etc.). Even with major narrowing from your end, I really don’t think this is going to be within the scope that can be addressed appropriately within the forum.

You may want to consider taking a look at the Analyst Cloud as a means for bringing on a consultant to help you work through this.

https://analystcloud.enterprisedna.co/

• Brian
1 Like

Lol… Yes Brian …

Thank you!

Regards
Nag

@Nagi_k,

If I were to tackle something like this, here’s the general approach I would take:

• Before even delving into the data model and the report, I would develop an analysis plan listing the questions I need the report (or far more likely, reports) to be able to address
  • I would then try to arrange these questions into like groups with the idea of trying to bin them into separate reports, each supported by a much simpler data model geared specifically to addressing that subset of questions/analyses
  • in terms of data modeling, I would try to eliminate the bidirectional and 1:1 relationships, and get each data model conforming to a star schema
  • In the process I would arrange each data model in the waterfall/Collie structure with the dimension tables cascading down into the fact tables (in the current data model, it’s almost impossible for me to figure out even what is a fact table and what is a dimension table)
  • I would also work to eliminate every unused table, field, calculated column and measure (there are numerous tools that can help you do this - have a look at this thread)

Only after I’d done all of this to dramatically simplify this report and underlying model would I begin delvving into the DAX, visuals, etc.

I hope this is helpful. Good luck!

• Brian
2 Likes

Hi @Nagi_k, did the response provided by @BrianJ help you solve your query? If not, how far did you get and what kind of help you need further? If yes, kindly mark the thread as solved. Thanks!

A response on this post has been tagged as “Solution”. If you have a follow question or concern related to this topic, please remove the Solution tag first by clicking the three dots beside Reply and then untick the check box. Thanks!